VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hello i am new here and new in video conversion aswell.
    I read all the posts here about sbs to anaglyph conversion but i am not understanding anything.
    Can someone make a step by step tutorial for all of us that are newbies please?
    I read about avisynth but don't have a clue how to use that and how to run scripts in it,can anyone be so kind and explain how to make the scripts and how to use,where to introduce etc?
    I want to do exactly what some guy here wanted to do before ,i will give his example but is about another movie.

I have an mkv that contain 2 .dts audio files (2 different language streams) and a single video file with .264 extension that look like this:
    http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/91/immaginejnc.png ( I copied that guy link but is same thing)
    And i want to have this result in ANY player http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/6403/immagine3qn.png (again copied that guy link)
    I want the movie in red/cyan and resolution 1920/1080. 16:9
    Someone wrote about Sony Vegas ,if that program do this thing i want a tutorial for that too.

What programs do i have to use and what exactly do i have to do step by step please?
    I want to mention that i don't want to just watch the movie,i want to convert it to work in any player as anaglph not only in stereoscopic or stvplayer.

thank you for understanding assuming my english is not that good and thank you in advance for answers.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    AVISynth is a very good program to have, know, and use, but if you aren't at all familiar with it I don't think that's what you should start with. It does have a learning curve.

Just a nutshell:
    AVISynth is a runtime enabling dll/background process. It hooks into your Windows Directshow architecture.
    A script is created by any text editor, like Notepad. It's just text "commands".
    The extension is *.avs. Any app that READS .avs files, reads the output of the commands.

What you've got IS a SbS source and what you want IS an Anaglyph output.

Until you've mastered AVISynth (I'm not going to teach you, it would take too long - read the docs on the AVISynth.org site), I think it would be more sense for you to use a more directed program, like StereoMovieMaker.

Vegas DOES do this, but you have to have the version 10 Pro, or version 8 or 9 Pro with the Make3D plugins, etc.

HTH,

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  3. Using AviSynth:

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/333552-What-program-to-convert-sbs-left-right-to-analglyph-3d

There's mention of a player that will do this in real time too.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    ok i got sony vegas 10 pro x 64,installed and bororo 3d plugin,now what?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Read The Fine Manual. Literally. The documentation that comes with Vegas should get you going.

jagabo, since the OP DIDN'T want a stereoplayer, I chose not to mention it. Otherwise, I would completely concur and suggest the same thing.

edy_smf, you do understand that anaglyph isn't going to give you as good an image as other better types of 3D, right?

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Cornucopia View Post
    Read The Fine Manual. Literally. The documentation that comes with Vegas should get you going.

jagabo, since the OP DIDN'T want a stereoplayer, I chose not to mention it. Otherwise, I would completely concur and suggest the same thing.

edy_smf, you do understand that anaglyph isn't going to give you as good an image as other better types of 3D, right?

Scott
    I understand man and sorry for botthering too much, but the problem is that i don't own a 3DTV and stereoscopic player and stvplyer runs in slow motion with macroblocks on my PC wile on media player classic and VLC 1920/1080 movies runs perfect.Beside of that those players can't load external subtitles and can't allow you to change audio stream.I have some mkv movies that contains 2 or even 4 audio streams and english is not the first forced one....I can't understand russian or polish so imagine that will not be fun an i will be a freack if i try to watch 3D movies in slow motion and foreign languages

And ah...i just discovered Sony Vegas is not opening .mkv or .w64 files:S,what should i do beside convert them?I don't want to lose quality
    Last edited by edy_smf; 2nd Apr 2011 at 22:57.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    No problem. Then I'd still suggest starting with SMM. Then move on up to AVISynth, etc. IIWY, I'd only use Vegas if you actually intend to create/edit videos, not just simply convert.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search PM
    Can you elaborate please? what is SMM and IWY? I really want to make that movies but seems i can't do anything without help
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search PM
    i managed to import the movie but that is the result,maybe i miss some codec or what is the problem? I can't open the .264 in any player also,any suggestions?

http://img848.imageshack.us/i/89503326.jpg/
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    SMM=StereoMovie Maker seehttp://stereo.jpn.org/eng/stvmkr/ that's what I suggested earlier.
    IIWY= "If I were you"

Vegas, as pro editors often are, is set to support common Production formats as input, not just ANY format. So that excludes for now, MKV. Of course, you could frameserve, via AVISynth of all places. There are probably other ways...

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search PM
    Ok now i have converted the mkv to mp4 and i can import it to vegas verry well.How do i convert it now from sbs to anaglyph?I don't find any option in Vegas to do that
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search PM
    ok i installed make 3d pulgin but i don't have a clue what to do with it,some help please?
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search PM
    come on,no one knows how to?
    Quote Quote  
  14. I don't use Vegas. The AviSynth method I gave earlier isn't hard once you learn the basics of AviSynth.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search PM
    i managed to figure it up ,is way easy using vegas (and is not needed to have any plugin to do that) than use scripts but the only problem now is that the output file is bigger and converting is slow even i set same quality and frame size.The goal is the quality is superb and it supports 1920x1080p 60i wile i understood avisynth can't more than 1080x720 or maybe i understood wrong.
    Quote Quote  
  16. h.264 encoding of 1080i/p video is always slow. Use the same bitrate as your source if you want a file of the same size.

AviSynth can handle just about any resolution, frame rate, interlaced or progressive. You may have to adjust the script to get what you want.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by edy_smf View Post
    i managed to figure it up ,is way easy using vegas (and is not needed to have any plugin to do that) than use scripts but the only problem now is that the output file is bigger and converting is slow even i set same quality and frame size.The goal is the quality is superb and it supports 1920x1080p 60i wile i understood avisynth can't more than 1080x720 or maybe i understood wrong.
    Like I said in the earlier post, Vegas 10 has stereo3d support native, only v8 or v9 need plugins (earlier versions don't really work well with 3d without painstaking manual adjustments).
    Also like I said earlier, anytime you re-work the video (and going from SbS to Anaglyph is reworking the video), you'll have to fully re-encode. And re-encoding 1080p is slow! Output filesize is determined by program length (time) and bitrate - That's it. Quality is determined by bitrate, program complexity & resolution, and codec efficiency. And there's no simple formula.

Note that Anaglyphs encoded with a highly compressed YV12 type of codec (4:2:0, 4:1:1) will further lose resolution in the Z-plane. You might like what you end up with, but then again, you very well might not. Another reason for doing on-the-fly re-presentation to Anaglyph (no additional compression artifacts) using AVISynth, or a dedicated Stereo player.

Have you found any good glasses yet?

Scott
    Quote Quote