VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hi
    I have troubles trying to extract subtitles from a .ts file (a capture from tv).
    The MediaInfo says that this file have 1 video track, 2 audio tracks and 1 subtitle track. Until I know, it's a .sup file and to extract it I will need an ocr software. And now comes the troubles. Anybody knows how to do it? The thing is that I can not find anything that works. With projectx I get everything and a .sup file, but with 0 bytes

Any other idea?

Many thanks in advance.

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Have you tried tsmuxer? It has a demux option and I would assume it can read subtitle files.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by yoda313 View Post
    Have you tried tsmuxer? It has a demux option and I would assume it can read subtitle files.
    First I tryed Tsmuxer does not extract it for some extrange reason I do not understand... It extracts video and both audio tracks, but no subtitles.

I keep investigating
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    Hallooooo, any body here??
    Quote Quote  
  5. If you see subtitles and they are not extracted then they can be hardcoded, and the subtitle PID is empty.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    No, that's not the case. They are not hardcoded because I can select it or not, they are not in screen all the time.

Finally I have extracted it as a .sup file and a .ifo one. I know I'll need an ocr software but I can not find anything that is able to do it. The suprip fails and shows a error message.

Any help will be wellcome

Thanks (again)
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    When I have extracted a picture-based subtitle file from ProjektX, I use Subresync to convert to the SRT-format.

It works very well, but it also depends on which colourmodel you use in ProjektX.

Click image for larger version

Name:	subtitlesinprojektx.jpg
Views:	15204
Size:	178.6 KB
ID:	6481
    If you choose the right colourmodel, Subresync will recognize the letters after you have entered them once.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search PM
    Thanks, I'll take a look.
    Anyway, my file is .sup not .sub
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I think that Subresync can handle sup and sub

Here a link to a short guide Subresync (from subscene.com):
    http://subscene.com/forums/t/34877.aspx

If you want to the subtitles burned in the picture/hardcoded (for iPad and other media devices where you can't turn subtitles on and off), you can use TMPGEnc Video Mastering Works 5 by clicking on "New Project" and "Open a Transport Stream File. But the TMPGEnc Video Mastering Works 5 isn't free There are a lot of export formats to choose from. The software works for me. So far I've tested it from two different TV-channels (Danish TV 2 and ZDF). There are only a few bugs with the subtitles, but overall, I find it very good.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search PM
    Many thanks for your help, Martin
    Quote Quote