VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have a weird problem with my latest burned AVCHD burned on a DL DVD+R as I usually do. About halfway through, the screen and audio just go black. The disc continues to play, albeit not at a normal rate (seems to skip about 5-6 seconds at a time). At first I thought it was a bad disc so I burned it again but got the same issue. I then burned another AVCHD disc of a different movie and it played just fine. When comparing the two different movies in TSMuxer, they seem to have the same characteristics (Profile, FPS, Resolution, etc.) However, when playing the .m2ts from the "bad" movie in Media Player Classic, it won't allow me to scrub through the movie at all but I have no problems doing so with the "good" movie. Any ideas on what the problem could be?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    No idea how to fix it. Just re-encode it from scratch.
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote  
  3. I was hoping I wouldn't have to do that
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Bad disc? Many people don't know that ONLY Verbatim DVD+R DL discs are reliable DL media. I'll bet that you didn't use Verbatim.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by jman98 View Post
    Bad disc? Many people don't know that ONLY Verbatim DVD+R DL discs are reliable DL media. I'll bet that you didn't use Verbatim.
    And I'll bet you that I did

The problem seems to lie with the .m2ts file itself since I have trouble playing it back on my computer, whereas I can play other .m2ts files with no problem. As edDV said, I'll probably have to re-encode since something probably went wrong during that process.
    Quote Quote