VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi, I just wonder if my PP CS5 backup seems OK? I really don't wanna loose any of my projects. I know there's an option in PP to backup but I wanna use win and copy files/folders to backup!

I have copied;
    The files (mov, avi, jpeg, wav etc.)
    Project-files (*.prproj, Adobe Premiere Pro Auto-Save, Adobe Premiere Pro Preview Files, Encoded Files)
    C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Common
    C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Premiere Pro

I have NOT copied;
    Cache-files (Adobe Premiere Pro Cache, Adobe Soundbooth Preview Files, Media Cache, Media Cache Files)
    Program-folder (C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS5)
    ?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I backup Premiere Pro and Vegas Pro projects to removable hard drives. Some of the Premiere projects are heavily layered and need periodic re-editing with updated elements. In those cases I save the scratch folder as well so the project can be immediately run without re-rendering the whole thing which can take many hours.

For simpler projects I do the same as you.
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote  
  3. Ok, thanks. I don't think I need to backup the scratch folder right now. Maybe in the future. Just like you I backup to removable hard drives! Why do u use Vegas when u have PP?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Electric Blue View Post
    Ok, thanks. I don't think I need to backup the scratch folder right now. Maybe in the future. Just like you I backup to removable hard drives! Why do u use Vegas when u have PP?
    I mostly moved to Vegas for its stability. I also like running several instances at once and the distributed rendering feature. Also Vegas is superior for audio and can link to Sound Forge from the timeline.

Premiere Pro may be more stable now but back around v1.5 to CS3 I just gave up on it except when integrating with other Adobe apps.
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote  
  5. Ok I understand. I use latest Premiere Pro CS5 and link the audio to Soundbooth from the timeline.
    Quote Quote