VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    First and foremost, THIS IS NOT A THREAD ABOUT PLAYING GAME BACKUPS, so please do not delete this or ban me...

I have an ISO image on my computer that plays fine. But, when I attempt to burn the image to a DVD to playback on the Xbox 360, the console reads it as a mixed media disc. Again, I state this is a straight up movie image...not a game image.

I burned it using Nero 7, as a UDF image (Nero tells me if it is over 2GB it can not be burned as ISO). It burns fine (Sony DVD-R). But, when I try to play it in the Xbox, it says Mixed Media Disc.

Am I doing something wrong in the burn process?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I would burn the iso with imgburn and see if you get the same results.

Also do you have a regular dvd player that isn't a game system? Try the disc you burnt on that.

Originally Posted by cmcfalls
    (Nero tells me if it is over 2GB it can not be burned as ISO)
    Are you trying to burn the .iso file as a data file? That won't play on anything but a computer. The iso file contains the video_ts folder. The video_ts folder contains the vob files that make up a dvd.

You need to burn as a dvd video not as data.

You should do this again with imgburn as I mentioned but burn it as dvd video - it should auto detect it inside the iso file and properly configure the burn to recreate the proper dvd structure.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Try imgburn instead of nero.

--dES
    "You can observe a lot by watching." - Yogi Bera
    http://www.areturningadultstudent.com
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    What is referred to as an ISO image can contain UDF format or ISO 9660 format files. It would seem that whatever you are doing is not right. I would guess that you're not using Nero Burning ROM directly but that simple GUI interface that I think they call Smart Start. Sounds like you're burning it as a data disc like yoda313 suggests. Put it in a PC. Do you see VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS folders at the top level? If not then what you did to burn it is definitely wrong.

If you start Nero Burning ROM and click on the Open option to open the ISO image, it should burn OK. But ImgBurn is pretty fool proof and a better (and free) product anyway so that's why we recommend it.

Finally note that we're giving you the benefit of the doubt and assuming that you really do have an ISO of a DVD format disc. ISO can contain anything so if it's not DVD format that is one of the problems.
    Quote Quote