VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I made a video and I want it to stop after a song, How do I delete the end of the video? Or bleep out some talking in this section? Thank You
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Depends on the video format you're using. For AVI type videos, try VirtualDub. For MPEG videos, AVIDemux. AVIDemux can also handle AVI type video, so may be a better place to start.

Most highly compressed video formats like Xvid, Divx, H.264, have widely spaced keyframes (I frames) and frame accurate cuts are very difficult without re-encoding, at least at the cut point.

For the audio, you may be able to do that in the video editor, or extract it and use a audio editor like Audacity to fix it, then combine it back with the video.

There are guides for those programs on their tool pages.

And welcome to our forums.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I used a FUJI 2500 camera. I recorded my son singing in the concert, but at the end I was talking and I don't want that kept for him to post or share with friends. lol So I downloaded the video to my computer desktop, but do not know what do from there. This is my very first video I ever made. Thanks so much for helping.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Make sure you have the original video stored in case of problems. Work with a copy.

Try opening it in AVIDemux. The video format seems to be MJPEG, so easy to work with. The audio is apparently WAV format. Also easy to work with.

If you need to edit the audio, you can demux it and open it with Audacity, then correct it and mux it back. AVIDemux should be able to do that.
    Quote Quote