VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hi,

I want to use this device to stream media content to a Sony Blu Ray player (BDP-S370), but I am not sure whether it will work?

I have found a pretty easy way of converting my DVD's to a Lossless (1:1) MKV file but unfortunately the output MPEG MKV file will not play on the Blu Ray player (via USB).

If I were to run the same file through the HD2 to the Blu Ray player would it work? Does the HD2 transcode the file into a type the Blu Ray player can read or will it not work period?

The same quetion applies if I were to rip my DVD's into DVD/BD-ISO files.

The Blu Ray player will be connected via Ethernet in a different room to the HD2.

Regards

J
    Quote Quote  
  2. I don't think the PlayOn!HD2 acts as a DLNA server. So you can't stream from it to your Blu-ray player. You might be able to have it act as a file server but that would be the same as Windows or Linux acting as a file server -- if the Blu-ray player doesn't play MKV files it won't play them from any file server.

But the PlayON!HD2 is a media player -- just hook it up to your TV and use it to play your videos.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Thanks for the response. I have every intention of hooking the HD2 up to the TV in the Lounge/Main Room, but I want to be able to stream the contents to a TV in a different room (via the Blu Ray Player) over a wired network? Is this possible?

J
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I think for your needs you need to read the manual of the exact device you plan to buy.

If it can't do what you want look into another device.

In the end you can always return it for a refund if you buy the device new if it doesn't do what you want.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    Fair Shout, I have e-mailed AC Ryan to ask whether this is something their device can do. No Response from them as yet. I wanted to see whether anyone else is doing the same thing.

Cheers.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I saw no indication the PlayOn!HD2 can act as a DLNA server.

http://www.acryan.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=878&f=39

Does Playon!HD support DLNA?
    Currently No, DLNA is not yet implemented
    Quote Quote  
  7. Does anybody know if there is a limit to the HDD size to insert in the Playon!HD2?
    I have a 3 TB running in it and want to upgrade to 6 TB.

Thanks,
    Hherrmmann
    Quote Quote