VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Last night I was playing around with Vegas Studio 10, still learning it. I was trying to recreate video footage that looked like it could be from a news broadcast. I had a lower
    third bar that ran half way across the bottom, "Breaking News" in the bar, etc...

One thing I would like to do is show the time. For instance I was watching CNN and a journalist was broadcasting from Libya. They had a box at the top left with "Libya"
    and under that the time "9:30am".

I want to put the time in my video. It does not have to be the real time or anything like that. It can be 12am or 9pm or whatever. But I want to be able to put it in. Can this be done with Sony Vegas Studio Platinum 10? If not are there any downloads/plug ins that will let me do this in Vegas Studio Platinum 10?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If you just need it to say "9.30 am" (for example) and not change, just use the text generator to add text over your overlay. If you want it to change and keep up the appearance of a clock ticking through time it is more complicated. There are plugins, but I don't know if they are for the pro version only. Have a look at this (I know the tut is for a count down timer, but it seems to be more flexible than that) - http://wn.com/Sony_Vegas_Pro__Countdown_Clock_Tutorial
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Thanks for the link. I was on that link and ended up looking at a video that I had no interest in and ended up watching it and learning to do something else! lol. Putting a face in a circle and making little circles around it. Then I added something else. All with the cookie cutter.

Yes, I guess I could use the text generator. I suppose I could even change the time with the test generator. I saw that New Blue has a package with a some time plugins. Their site says they work with Sony Pro and Sony Studio. Except the8r package is $100.00

Here's something else I want to do and I'm hoping their is an easy way to do this:

I was watching a commercial for an attorney on TV and it showed his number at the end. Each digit in the number became bigger and then went back down to it's normal size. Say the number was 123-456-7890. The "1" would get a little bigger and then return to normal size, then the "2", and then "3" and so on. This all happened within one second or less at the end of the commercial. And it only increased in size by one font size or two.

Anyway, is there a simple way to do this with Sony Vegas Studio? I already have an idea how to do it but it might take some time. I was hoping Sony Vegas Studio would have something to make this more simple.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It is a common effect in some of the cheap (maybe even free) flash tools, but the first place you should look to see if Studio ships with a version of Pro-Titler in the media generators. It should be able to do what you need with a little key framing.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    I checked and I don't see Pro Titler. It must be in Vegas Pro only.
    Quote Quote