VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello!

Its all in picture, i dont get it, the same AVI files but still, right one wont work on DVD/DivX player.

Do you now why?

P.S I dont think its got anything with resolution because, one other movie with resolution 640x480, wont work the same.

thanks!
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	AVI problem.PNG
Views:	327
Size:	82.6 KB
ID:	6128  

Last edited by baranjac123; 22nd Mar 2011 at 09:23.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    It could use gmc or qpel xvid settings that is not supported on many players. See https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/295067-Common-DivX-DVD-Players-AVI-Playback-problems! .

Easiest is just to reconvert with avi recomp.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The resolution and bitrate are higher on the right. What are the specifications for xvid files for your dvd player? It should handle the one on the right since it is standard definition. However perhaps it only accepts 640x480 or smaller resolution in xvid? And the bitrate might be too high also.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  4. DivX players should accept all standard resolutions; Maybe it isn't muxed properly can you try and remux either with avimuxgui or avidemux?
    Quote Quote  
  5. This is a movie and it will work.

So what program should i use and what steps should i take , so that it finally work

Name:	this work.PNG
Views:	291
Size:	29.2 KB
ID:	6134  

Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    https://www.videohelp.com/tools/MPEG4_Modifier . Browse (your .avi) ... Unpack (mark) ... Save (.avi new name) and Voila !
    Quote Quote  
  7. Use GSpot to examine your Xvid AVI files. It shows a lot more information like GMC, QPel, B-frames, packed bitstream.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Ok, i will try, but how will all that changes affect on quality of video.
    And do you now any video converter with who i will have same result as on this movie

Name:	this work.PNG
Views:	259
Size:	29.2 KB
ID:	6135  

Quote Quote  
  9. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Probably your files that don't work use encoding options that your DVD player doesn't like. See here:
    https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/290800-My-DivX-DVD-Player-can-t-play-my-avi-DivX-xvid-video

YAAI is NOT helpful at all. Post information from GSpot if you want us to look at your problem videos.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Ok, now its in gspot i hope that helps.

Name:	gspot.PNG
Views:	257
Size:	257.6 KB
ID:	6136  

Quote Quote  
  11. What do you mean by not working? Does the player show the file in the menu list? Does it try to play it? Does it play but gets jerky at times?

Some things to look for: See if any of the files that play properly have AVID, DF, and AC3 audio. Most of the other settings that can cause problems aren't used in your "bad" file (GMC, QPel, too many b-frames, packed bitstream, high bitrates, high frame rates, large frame sizes, etc.).
    Quote Quote  
  12. the player show the file in the menu list, and when i want to play it, it trys but nothing happens.
    Files who can play have AC3 and mp3, same as does who wont play.

Do you know some video converter with who i could have same result as with does files that work ?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If the videos are all AVI, I'd tend to recommend AutoGK, to reconvert them to play on a DivX/Xvid-capable DVD player.

If you do install AutoGK, choose to install it with the ESS compatibility option, during installation. Hopefully, that will produce AVIs that are compatible with your player.
    If cameras add ten pounds, why would people want to eat them?
    Quote Quote  
  14. Originally Posted by baranjac123 View Post
    Do you know some video converter with who i could have same result as with does files that work ?
    Baldrick already mentioned AviRecomp.
    Quote Quote  
  15. AviRecomp, ok , but i dont now how to use it, is there some tutorial?
    Quote Quote  
  16. I have try it all and it simple dont work.
    So what i wanna ask is. I have 5 years old DVD/DVIX player, is there any softwer with who i can convert movie in older DVIX file,
    suitable for my player?
    Quote Quote  
  17. Maybe your player requires ODML extensions? Try a quick remux in VirtualDub:

1) File -> Open Video File
    2) Video -> Direct Stream Copy
    3) File -> Save as AVI
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Try re-encoding in Virtualdub with the xvid codec.
    Set the codec encoder options to default and encode the file.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Originally Posted by davexnet View Post
    Try re-encoding in Virtualdub with the xvid codec.
    Set the codec encoder options to default and encode the file.
    Yes, that would be the next step if a simple remux doesn't work. Be sure not to enable Video -> Direct Stream Copy.

1) Start VirtualDub
    2) File -> Open Video File
    3) Video -> Compression, highlight Xvid, press Configure, at the Xvid config dialog press "Load Defaults", then OK
    4) File -> Save as AVI
    Quote Quote