VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. If I rip an episode from an apisodic dvd, using either PGCDemux or MakeMKV, after encoding that rip with StaxRip to .h264, and mux it with the ac3 to mkv, then that mkv, at playback time, the video frames play faster than normal and than the audio, and it ends a couple of minutes earlier than the audio. If I rip the episode with DVDfab or DVD Decrypter, after encoding, the video has normal speed, of 29.97 fps. But I can't use DVDfab or DVD Decrypter because they do not properly rip the episode
    Quote Quote  
  2. I found out why, in mkvmerge GUI, I selected a framerate of 29.97 because that is the framerate of the source dvd

but somehow, rips made with pgcdemux and makemkv are encoded by staxrip with 23.976

this is weird
    Quote Quote  
  3. solved !

stax76 from doom10 forum knows about this "Wrong Source Framerate in StaxRip" issue. His solution is to manually change the video frame rate by appending the following code in the avisynth script:

AssumeFPS(30000,1001)
    LE:
    not solved! after appending that line of code, specifying the correct source fps, the encoded file still has a different fps than source

but at least you can open both episodes (vobs inside one VTS) in StaxRip, without having to extract each episode from that VTS, and select only the frames containing one episode.
    Last edited by codemaster; 22nd Mar 2011 at 22:26.
    Quote Quote