VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I am using AnyDVD HD and TsMuxer to rip my bluray collection. This one is especially important because the kids will be watching it on a regular basis.

I was astounded at the 3-Dimensionality of this release. My problem is that after ripping the main .m2ts file and playing through VLC media player, it loses SO much depth that it is unacceptable. There has to be something that's missing from this rip. (Yes...I am using the 1080p m2ts file)

Just hoping you guys might know what it is I could be doing wrong.

Thank you so much for your time.

-Kostarae
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    different player? you forgot to put on your red/blue glasses??? it's the same file if you didn't re-encode it.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    @aedipuss - as far as I can tell it the movie wasn't re-released in 3d. At least not on the bluray info on bestbuy.com.

I think the poster is referring to just the feel of the movie. I know what the poster is talking about after watching it on the disney hd channel. Very impressive in hd.

But yes if its a straight ripped file there is no alteration from the disc itself. I would try mpchc or a real bluray software player to test it. Also I'm assuming you have bluray software since you ripped with a bluray drive so you could just try the software player that came with your drive.

Only converting to lower resolution formats would alter the picture.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    If this is the Disney animated film it did use 3D animation techniques BUT the film has always been in 2D. You can use 3D techniques in 2D animation. Futurama does this all the time.

I can offer no explanation as to how the 3D techniques used could have been altered without re-encoding it. Maybe VLC is not doing a great job displaying it. What are you doing with TsMuxer in your workflow?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Here are a couple things I'm noticing.

1) When I play the raw m2ts straight from the blu-ray via VLC Media Player, it opens two windows --- one with the 1080p video and another with the same video, which alters from sketchings of what is playing and low-res video.

There is one very large m2ts file but this is only half the movie. The rest of the files must be combined but there seems to be two sets of identical files. Not sure which ones are what.
    Quote Quote