VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi,
    I have a new laptop that has Windows 7 and I generally use Internet Explorer (version 8). I am wanting to upload some flv videos to a website I've built but I need to have flash player on my computer to do this (tell me if I'm wrong). The problem is I've attempted to download flash player about 20 times and everytime it tells me download is complete but it is nowhere to be found among my programs. When I go to the uninstall section of my computer it is there, though. I've searched and found that there is a glitch with the Windows 7 IE8 and also with 64-bit. I have all of these! There was a special download for the 64-bit called "square" and I downloaded it but it did the same thing. Also, I disabled my anti-virus and spyware for a short time and tried to download but that also didn't work. I know you will ask, and yes, I did uninstall the old version each time before I attempted to download again and yes, I've tried rebooting after uninstall and after re-install...didn't work. Please help me...I'm about to drive myself crazy with this.
    Susan
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Flash player is a plugin. You wont find it in your programs folder. It works fine with win7, ie8 and 64bit here.

In IE8 should a addon download popup ? Does it do that?

And use http://www.adobe.com/se/support/flashplayer/
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am wanting to upload some flv videos to a website I've built but I need to have flash player on my computer to do this (tell me if I'm wrong)
    Yes... you need to do one of two things to upload the data.

1: Login via the web interface on the server with the account and use their management tools to upload the data from your system.

or

2: Use an ftp program which can store the account details and manage all upload transfers automatically
    Quote Quote  
  4. Yes, the pop-up asks me if I want to run this program. I will try downloading again and see if I can view the video I have uploaded to the website...might be back with more questions.
    Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  5. Okay, I still can't play the videos. The website I am working on is http://northeastdiesel.com if you go to the hobbies page and then click on Kevin's Pulling Trucks, there is SUPPOSED to be a 4th video in the open space at the bottom of the page. I'm using Flowplayer and I think I followed the instructions exactly. I'm not real good at coding so I probably did something wrong there. The other problem may be the way I saved the flv videos. I've gone in and used "open with" but I'm not sure which program to use. I assumed that because they were flash that I need to have them open with flash but may be wrong there. So, I downloaded an flv video player. When you click the open space at the bottom of the page it tries to make you open or save the video...don't want it to be that way. Help appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Can I ask why you are not embedding a youtube vid? Two of the other vids are hosted by youtube, and if you've done it before that way it would seem to be the simplest solution.
    Quote Quote  
  7. These are videos created by Northeast Diesel. They are the same videos that are on the player on the upper left but they want them to be fullscreen and Coffee Cup does not have a fullscreen version so I have been searching frantically for a player that can be fullscreen. They do not have a YouTube account and I'm not sure they want one.
    Quote Quote