VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    I have a degree in Communications but I did not focus on video production while at college. I want to go back a university, not sure which one, and take classes in
    Video production. I'm in contact with Ball State and their David Letterman center. Anyway, a professor told me about some online classes they that involves the New York
    Times. I was wondering if any of you professionals would take a look at this and tell me what you think. My goal is to learn video and film editing so I can get into editing - either TV news, independent, and political advertising. They do offer some courses in Multimedia video and Multimedia audio.

NEWS 132, Multimedia: Audio (1)
    Introduction to the role of sound in the multimedia storytelling process. Includes acquisition, selection and editing of sound; proper recording techniques; ethical and legal principles.

NEWS 133, Multimedia: Video (1)
    Introduction to the role of moving pictures in the multimedia storytelling process. Includes acquisition, selection and editing of video; proper recording techniques and professional standards; ethical and legal principles.

http://cms.bsu.edu/Academics/CollegesandDepartments/Distance/Academics/Programs/Underg...s/Courses.aspx

This is one of my options. The other is to actually go to Ball State and take the classes I want. I was told I could get in as a visiting student.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I personally think taking classes in editing are a waste of time. I know because I did it and learned nothing till I actually staryed working at a facility. Best to intern at a workplace and build your reel that way.
    Quote Quote