VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    So, i had no luck with the search, not with a solution anyway so here goes.

Setup: Sony DVD player with USB port + Sony Bravia KDL40 505.

If i have a Avi/mp4 on a USB-stick (which is in 16:9) when i play it back via the DVD player -> HDMI -> TV there are black bands above and below the image which distorts the video (making it look like every one has gain 30 Pounds).

If i plug the USB-Stick direct into the Bravia the Video format is displayed correctly.
    (Before some one asks why dont i just do that, its because the stop/pause controls on the TV are lame)

The DVD player is set to 16:9 and "Full" video output. And when DVD player "Screen Saver" is on, no black bars.

Any suggestions would be help as it is kinda annoying. The "Zoom" functions on the TV do exactly that, filling the screen by proportionaly enlarging it instead of stretching it to fit. There doesnt appear to be a "Stretch to Fit" option for HDMI input.

My Xbox is also connected via HDMI, no black bars there either.

HELP!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Try setting the DVD player to 4:3.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Does that happen will all your 16:9 files or just some of those files? If it is just some, then maybe the movie file has a PAR setting that the player does not handle, and it always assumes PAR=1:1 for AVI and MP4. Just a guess, though.
    Quote Quote