I've recently been attempting to convert some VOB files to M2TS (mpeg-2 with AC3 audio) when I ran into some issues with BOTH TsMuxer and TsRemux. The VOB files were ripped from DVD with DVD Decrypter on a 64bit Windows 7 computer with 4gigs of RAM. I'm streaming the files from my Windows Home Server (Acer Easystore H340) to my PS3 via PS3 media server. The VOB files stream okay to the PS3, but I've noticed that the time signatures are incorrect, so I wanted to remux them in order to correct the problem (otherwise Scene Search doesn't work on the PS3).

TsRemux Problem:

I've noticed that some of my VOB files will not remux completely. Part of the way through the process, TsRemux will freeze and the memory usage of the computer will increase linearly until it is maxed out and the computer slows to a crawl. I don't seem to have this issue on VOB files that have good time signatures. For example I just ripped Gone with the Wind Part 1 which has a playing time of 1h 48min long. When I load it in TsRemux the Source File Info only says that it's 49min. When I start the remux process the Remux Progress will start at 49min and count down. When it goes below 0 it loops back to 2:30 and continues to count down. At some point shortly after that the Remux Progress stops and the system memory begins to run away.

I've tried both versions 0.21.2 and 0.23.2 and have the same problem in both. I've seen that there are a few other folks that have had this problem, but I haven't seen any solutions. Has anyone that has experienced this issue been able to figure out what is causing it and how to fix it??

TsMuxer Problem:

This issue seems to be less serious. The remuxing process runs to completion okay. However I've noticed that when I right-click on the resulting m2ts file, view the properties, click on the details tag, and look at the Audio section, the information appears to be incorrect. The original VOB file is 448kpbs, 6 channels, 48kHz. The remuxed m2ts file shows 256kpbs, 2 (stereo) channels, 48kHz. I tried remuxing a number of different files, and the m2ts file properties always say the same thing (it also happens if I remux to a TS file). Finally, I just went ahead and copied a few m2ts files over to my home server and tried streaming them to my PS3. They stream great, the time signature issue seems to be corrected, and the information on the PS3 when playing shows Dolby Digital 5.1Ch 48kHz, ~448kbps, MPEG-2. I've also just checked that when I re-open the new m2ts file in TsMuxer, it DOES show that the audio is AC3.

Does anyone know why the file properties are displayed incorrectly in Windows? Has anyone else seen this issue? Since everything seems to to work well between the home server and the PS3 now, I'll probably just ignore this minor issue and keep remuxing the rest of my files with TsMuxer for now.

Thanks in advance for the help!!