VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Ok I was wondering if you could do a timed recording for the hauppauge hdpvr 1212.

I always record the program that I want to dub first and then copy later. But this is time consuming. I have yet to do a "live" capture of a program. It's usually on at an inconvenient time or I'm not at home or I'm doing a dual capture on the recorder.

Also I still haven't completely disabled on screen graphics on the cable hd dvr. I have it mostly done but that dreaded comcast motorola "recording started" message still appears now and then.

What I would like to do is say record a movie at 12:00 midnight for two hours while it is playing. I think it would be best to still record it locally on the dvr as a backup. I'd like to leave the computer on overnight with the arcsoft software on and the pvr on ready to record. I then would want it to start recording at the preset bitrate at just before midnight since times are never exact from one channel to another. I know the recording software thats bundled with it has the capture duration timer to STOP recording. Is there no way to set a specified START recording time?

I would plan on using a shutdown timer program I have from the net to turn off the computer after the capture.

So is this possible? Is there any kind of add on software to do this? Would any of these homebrew htpcs like myth or gbpvr work this way?

Also I am using Vista Premium 32bit and have no interest in doing a linux boot so please don't suggest linux software - if myth is linux I apologize.

Thanks.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Doesn't the Hauppauge Scheduler work with the HD PVR?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Doesn't the Hauppauge Scheduler work with the HD PVR?
    Holy crap! I never knew this existed!

[img]wintvscheduler.jpg[/img]

I thought all the stuff that came with the hdpvr was under the Arcsoft tab in the windows start menu.

Sweet!

Thanks jagabo.

I don't have time to fiddle with this tonight but hopefully tomorrow night I can play around with this.

Edit - I did look around the program. Where is the accept button when you go to "add program"? Each time I've tried I have to go in and manually shutdown the program through windows task program.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	wintvscheduler.jpg
Views:	491
Size:	45.2 KB
ID:	5991  

Last edited by yoda313; 13th Mar 2011 at 18:27.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  4. It's been a very long time since I used it. As I recall, you have to leave it running. But I think it minimizes to the Tray. I think there was something tricky about entering events too.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    It's been a very long time since I used it. As I recall, you have to leave it running. But I think it minimizes to the Tray. I think there was something tricky about entering events too.
    Actually I found my initial problem - thanks to google.

Its a dpi issue. I am using my hdtv as my monitor and its set to 120. THe faq page at hauppauge says it needs to be 96.

At least for the test run I'll settle with the smaller font size. If I like doing this I'll only have to switch back and forth when I want overnight live recordings.

If this keeps being cumbersome with dpi resets I may end up just keep doing what I'm doing and record then replay for capturing.

Thanks for letting me know about the program though jagabo
    Quote Quote