VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi

I know this question has probably been asked loads of times. I want to convert DVD to AVI but keep only the subtitles that come up when a different language is being spoken.

E.g. i own an old movie: The Bourne Identity. At some rare occasions, English subtitles are being displayed when someone speaks a foreign language.

These are the subtitles i want to keep. I dont want English subtitles displaying throughout the whole movie, just the ones that are displayed when a foreign language is being spoken.

So i want to keep the the subtitles that load by default when playing a movie.

I have used Auto GK and loads of other software but they dont seem to keep the subtitles - even when using the advance option : only keep forced subtitles
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Someone can probably give you better information, but if I recall correctly, those type of subs are stored differently on a DVD, so not so easy to find and I doubt you will see them listed the same as regular alternate language subs.

If you can find them, you probably will have to extract them manually, then convert to something like .srt subs and put them in the same folder as the AVI file and name them the same as the AVI.

And welcome to our forums.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by redwudz
    , but if I recall correctly, those type of subs are stored differently on a DVD,
    It's probably similar to those nvi or whatever subtitles on Avatar. Also some of the Star Wars dvds have the floating subtitles for alien languages.

I'd search for avatar subtitles or star wars subtitles and you should find the correct procedure.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote