VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I just watched a file on my PS3 that has cinavia protection on it. The audio was muted 20mins into the movie.

I put the file through mkv2vob and unchecked the 'always transcode DTS' box. This is apparently the 'fix' for cinavia protected movies. The thing is, even with this box unchecked, mkv2vob still converted the audio to AC3 (DD)? I still got the audio muting after 20mins and the cinavia message onscreen?

Am using the latest version of mkv2vob.

Anyone have any thoughts on this or know why this is happening?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I haven't tried this method yet since I don't have bd discs but dvdfab has a way to create an bdmv-rec disc which disables cinavia http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=7102. I read when converting the audio the watermark on the audio isn't transferred so re-encoding the audio doesn't work as it will mute.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I have seen all sorts of solutions proposed to the cinavia problem, and with the exception of the DVDFab HD solution, they have all been based on magical thinking, and not on any logic. Basically there is no fix for this outside of, perhaps, the latest DVDFab HD.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote