VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Previously i have used autoGK which works awesome but i am starting to fall in love with mkv's and H.264 so i have decided to give Ripbot264 a go. I have previously used ripbot264 to encode a few of my blu-rays and it worked perfectly except for the 10 hour encode time. I riped a copy of my serentiy DVD as i want to replace my Xvid-Avi rip with a H.264-Mkv version. Like usual i rip the dvd to 1 vob load it up in Ripbot and went to preview and for some reason it comes out in 4:3, i check the aspect ration and the cropping and manual set them all and no matter what i do it comes out in 4:3 or an obscure aspect ratio. I loaded the same Vob into Handbrake and its comes out perfect !, i have no idea what im doing wrong or if my version of Ripbot is playing up. Also what size should i make a 2h20min DVD rip using H.264 if under Xvid i would use 800mb taking into account i want similar quality to the Xvid Rip.

Regards Jon.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Rip to one vob ? How? I think ripbot requires the entire dvd structure and you open the first vts_01_x.vob.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by leftspeaker2000
    no matter what i do it comes out in 4:3 or an obscure aspect ratio.
    After the video loads go into the properties tab on the left side of the screen (under video next to cq). Go to the size drop down window and it will give you the available output options.

Assuming it was a 16x9 dvd to begin with you should have a 16x9 output option. It will most likely read as either 1.78:1 or 2.35:1 output instead of saying 16x9 - but it will be the correct ratio on output.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    Hey thanks guys for the reply.

Rip to one vob ? How? I think ripbot requires the entire dvd structure and you open the first vts_01_x.vob.
    Its seems to accept a single .VOB fine as when i decrypted the dvd i forced DVD decrypt-er to merge the VOB for easier handling.

Yoda313 even if i change the resolution it just does not accept it and change the aspect, im out of ideas i think the program is acting up. Also do you guys know if you can get 5.1 surround audio though hand break in ACC format thast is not 6 channel descrete audio because its drasticly dcreased teh quality.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    Update if i change the size to HD-Ready 1280x720 it seems to be in the right aspect but i dont want to upscale.
    Quote Quote