VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have been enjoying streaming movies from my Roku (Netflix), and also from my Metropolitan Opera membership which is streaming many of their HD operas. I have had this setup working ever since I bought the necessary cable for the DVI to HDMI connections of the computer and the TV. But I did need to contact HP on the phone to get instructions on how to get it to work. That phone call was about 18 months ago and their instructions were so detailed that I was unable to write them down at that time. Seems to me that they put me through quite a bit of settings that had to be made. Now I am out of warranty, and I can't even get the Settings information when I call them. A bit upsetting to say the least.
    Now suddenly my computer picture is not showing up on the tv set when I set it to accept the receptacle (HDMI) that I have it set to. I have done every kind of test I know of, including buying a new DVI to HDMI cable, but I can't even get a flicker.
    A test that I did recently was to unplug the receptacle on the TV where the Roku plugs in and try the computer IN there. It would not work. Then I plugged the Roku into the #2 setting on the TV where the computer pic had been working, but the Roku would not work there. This test has me totally confused and it finds me here at this forum in the hopes that I can find some help.
    When I attempt to go to the instructions on my computer having to do with adding a second monitor it is of no help, and only shows that my regular monitor is all that is connected.
    I can't help but feel that it is quite possible that all that needs to be done is a particular switch has accidentally been thrown, and I need to identify it.?????????
    Any help will help.

jplot
    Quote Quote  
  2. Turn off the TV.
    Turn off the computer.
    Attach the DVI/HDMI cable from the computer to the TV.
    Turn on the TV.
    Turn on the computer.
    The computer should automatically detect the TV.
    Go to the graphics card's setup applet to enable and configure the output to the TV.
    Quote Quote