VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    I've recently finished post production on a movie I made. I have exported this movie from Premiere Pro to a high quality MOV file. I would like to compress it to a more suitable format for online downloading, such as MP4 and seeing as the movie is in Dutch I want to hardcode my English subtitles in SRT format with it as well.

I found Xvid4PSP which seems to be the right program for the job, however I stumbled upon a problem. Whenever I load the MOV file with the SRT subtitles, the font size of the subtitles are way too large! Is there a way to change the font size and perhaps even the color of the subtitles?

Any help would be really appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Not with SRT. Convert to SSA (using SubResynch, among other apps, included in the VobSub package) and you can adjust whatever you like, size, colors, positioning, font, etc.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Thanks for the reply manono.

I've tried to convert my SRT file to SSA but unfortunately all the programs I've used so far can't seem to convert it. I've used SRT to SSA and Subtitle Workshop but both give me error messages. I've checked the SRT file and everything looks in order.

No idea what could be the problem.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You might try loading the .srt into Aegisub, experimenting with the font/style features, and then saving (exporting? I haven't yet tried it) the subtitles as an .ass file (.ass is more or less the current 'version' of the .ssa format). I don't know how well Xvid4PSP handles hardsubbing with .ssa/.ass subtitles, though. (I usually just hardsub AVIs for personal use, using VirtualDubMod with the TextSub filter. Of course, that won't work for other containers like MOV, MP4, etc.)
    If cameras add ten pounds, why would people want to eat them?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by JMantis View Post
    I've tried to convert my SRT file to SSA but unfortunately all the programs I've used so far can't seem to convert it
    Did you try SubResynch, as I suggested? If it won't open the SRT then there's something wrong with it.
    Quote Quote