VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Hi!

Yesterday I wanted to append two video clips together with VD. But instead, it told me that both files have deferring audio compression rates. So I loaded one of the file, to convert it to others' compression rate. Here's what I tried.

Loaded the file and on video tab choose Direct stream copy.

In Audio tab selected Full Processing then choose the Lame MP3 in Compression and later in Conversion selected one of the given rates as selecting Custom was not working when I typed in the Compression rate/kbps of the other file.

After that I Selected Save as AVI.

Now VD tells me that it cannot find any Audio decompressor to decompress source audio.

I even tried to select Full Processing in the Audio tab and extract the WAV file but same report appears.

But I know that I had extracted VBR audio from files to WAV before but now it was not working.

I need Help in figuring out what is the other cause as I have Lame ACM, AC3ACM installed in plugins .

Thanks for your patience
    T.C. & Bye.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by s_joy09 View Post
    Now VD tells me that it cannot find any Audio decompressor to decompress source audio.
    OK....what type of audio does the source have?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Below is the Media info extract of the source audio.

Audio
    ID : 1
    Format : 57
    Codec ID : 57
    Duration : 17s 648ms
    Bit rate : 7 760 bps
    Channel(s) : 1 channel
    Sampling rate : 8 000 Hz
    Bit depth : 16 bits
    Stream size : 16.7 KiB (2%)
    Interleave, duration : 4 ms (0.04 video frame)
    Interleave, preload duration : 955 ms
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I have no idea what that is.....no surprise that VDub doesn't know either.
    Quote Quote  
  5. what does gspot say the audio is ?

try avidemux
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by s_joy09 View Post
    I wanted to append two video clips together with VD. But instead, it told me that both files have deferring audio compression rates. So I loaded one of the file, to convert it to others' compression rate. Here's what I tried.ence
    T.C. & Bye

To join two soundracks they need to have the same number of channels; (your media report only has one, so I hope both are mono), same sampling rate. (8000 in your case, which is unusually low). If you're going to do direct stream copy, they need to be the same compression too.

But in general VDub isn't very good at joining videos from different sources. Avidemux is more flexible.
    Last edited by AlanHK; 5th Mar 2011 at 22:24. Reason: deleted misinformation
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by El Heggunte View Post
    Yes, you're right. (55 is MP3.) I found some files with "57" that seemed to be MP3, jumped to a conclusion.

Also, this "AMR-NB" is a low bitrate format designed for storing spoken word, explains the rates that would be extremely low for MP3 or other "music" formats.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Doesn't surpise me then that Vdub couldn't work with it. AMR is part of Mp4, usually along w/ 3gp video. I suggest demuxing and decodeing to WAV with an app that fully understands it. Believe it or not, QT Pro would be a good choice here.

Scott
    Last edited by Cornucopia; 6th Mar 2011 at 18:22.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I wonder if the new Quicktime input plugin by ale5000 will work on this file.

http://forums.virtualdub.org/index.php?act=ST&f=7&t=19812&hl=quicktime+input+plugin&
    Quote Quote