VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,
    I have so many movies/video clips with AVI-xvid format mostly downloaded and converted. They are of various sizes and resolutions. As the source is not that good, I don't want to convert them to DVD but want to view them in standalone dvd player burnt as data files.
    Is it possible to have a menu like thumbnails / buttons so that I can choose and view them. If yes,
    Please let me know the procedure and links.
    Thanks..
    Quote Quote  
  2. Make sure your DVD player is Divx Ultra certified. Then look at something like TMpgEnc Authoring Works.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you jagabo. I already have a dvd player which is capable of playing divx/xvid files. I burn these files using Imgburn and view them. I want to burn them with menu, if possible using any free software.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Has anyone actually been able to create such a menu, that works on standard multiple-AVI/.divx data DVDs, in a DivX Ultra-capable player? (Just curious, mostly.) I'm still wondering if a .divx can indeed tell the player to load a different file and have it play, for example, or would the entire array of videos have to be combined into a single .divx file, with the menu pointing to each respective video (well, you get the idea...)?
    If cameras add ten pounds, why would people want to eat them?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by shans View Post
    Thank you jagabo. I already have a dvd player which is capable of playing divx/xvid files.
    A Divx/DVD player can't do Divx menus without Divx "Ultra" capabilities. Regular DVD menus will not work with Divx files.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by Ai Haibara View Post
    Has anyone actually been able to create such a menu, that works on standard multiple-AVI/.divx data DVDs, in a DivX Ultra-capable player?
    I haven't made one but I've seen a few.
    Last edited by jagabo; 4th Mar 2011 at 20:04.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Every program i ever tried always wanted to re-encode the xvid/divx no matter what when creating a xvid disc with menus.

So i learned real fast to live without menus
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by Noahtuck View Post
    Every program i ever tried always wanted to re-encode the xvid/divx no matter what when creating a xvid disc with menus.
    That's what I've heard.

Originally Posted by Noahtuck View Post
    So i learned real fast to live without menus
    I prefer the simple text menus the players generate anyway.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks cornucopia.
    I will try divxmediabuilder.
    Quote Quote  
  11. I just tried divxmediabuilder. It worked and didn't reencode the videos. Just muxed them all in to one big .divx file.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    I just tried divxmediabuilder. It worked and didn't reencode the videos. Just muxed them all in to one big .divx file.
    Yeah i tried it also and it did the same thing.

Not sure yet how to set it up to make a menu but then i did not try the resulting file on my standalone either.

I also did not see the XML file it is supposed to create.
    Quote Quote  
  13. In divxmenubuilder I did:

Tools -> Many Movies With Menu
    Added 3 small Divx files, created a menu
    Features -> Create Divx

That made a single divx file with the menu and the three videos. I was able to see the menu and navigate on my Philips DVP 5990.

I believe the XML file is just its way of saving/loading projects. It's not needed for playback.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I get the error message:Name:  Error.jpg
Views: 988
Size:  7.2 KB

Please help to overcome. Thanks Jagabo
    Quote Quote  
  15. This is the first time I've used divxmenubuilder so I don't know anything about it. When did you get that error message? When starting the program? When adding divx files? When building the menu?
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I got this error message soon after hitting the "Create" button
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    You might not have one of the dependencies. Divxmux, Bmptoxsub, Sub2divx, .Net (?) etc.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It complained about comdlg32.ocx, for me, and I didn't feel like fixing it, tonight. (Vista x64, which means I have to place it in the SysWow64 directory and register it from there, IIRC.)

I thought I'd experiment with it a little, myself; I don't usually need more than my 5990's default file menu, but I figured I'd take a few of the AVIs on my USB pen, try muxing them into a single .divx with a menu, and see what happened.
    If cameras add ten pounds, why would people want to eat them?
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    As suggested, I installed Bmptoxsub, Sub2divx. Ensured Divxmux is already available in the folder. I have .net 1.1 and 2.0 in the system. All the files are now available in a folder in program files.
    I opened file with 'New Wizard' , loaded three avi ciips under select titles, clicked 'Next', ticked 'Create title menu" only, then next clicked 'Create" tab. I get this error message:

Last edited by shans; 5th Mar 2011 at 04:46. Reason: To upload an image
    Quote Quote  
  20. Originally Posted by shans View Post
    I opened file with 'New Wizard' , loaded three avi ciips under select titles, clicked 'Next', ticked 'Create title menu" only, then next clicked 'Create" tab. I get this error message:
    I had a problem when I did the wizard too. It tried to create a menu that was 853x? and warned me that the size was wrong and failed. Use the procedure I outlined earlier instead -- Tools -> Many Movies With Menu. It also created an odd size menu but you can change the size by right clicking on the menu and selecting Width and Height. I used 640x480.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I followed the method outlined by jagabo. Tools-> Many movies with menu. I saw the menu also. When I did the next step, Features-> Create Divx, it created a divx file only with the first video file i added. I don't know where I went wrong. Could I get any help.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Tools -> Many Movies With Menu
    Added 3 small Divx files, created a menu
    Features -> Create Divx

When I clicked 'Create' Tab, I got a file with RGB format which doesn't open in my dvd player. Can anyone explain the procedure step by step as I am a newbie, just started gaining some knowledge thro this forum.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	avi.file details.jpg
Views:	441
Size:	46.3 KB
ID:	5940  

Last edited by shans; 9th Mar 2011 at 03:49. Reason: To upload image file
    Quote Quote  
  23. 1) Tools -> Many Movies With Menu
    2) add divx files
    3) Preview/Edit/Create Menu
    4) you should see all the Divx files in the menu
    5) make any adjustments to your menu, make sure width and height are integer multiples of 4
    6) press the Create button, give your menu file a name, make sure you don't get any error messages
    7) back at the main dialog select File -> Check For Errors, make sure there are no errors*
    8) Features -> Create Divx

* When I made a menu there was a Main Menu link at the bottom. Since this was the main menu it wasn't linked to anything. So I just deleted the Main Menu control.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I get the error message like this:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DMB.Error.jpg
Views:	354
Size:	43.0 KB
ID:	5951
    I repeatedly get the same message. Don't know what I lack and to eliminate this what additional programme I need to install.
    Quote Quote  
  25. That's the same problem I described. Use the delete tool to delete the Main Menu control.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	del.jpg
Views:	319
Size:	43.7 KB
ID:	5952
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search Comp PM
    At last I realized that this program is not meant for an average user like me. Anyway, thanks a lot, jagabo for sparing your time.
    Quote Quote