VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Does anyone know how to show the video frame rates using the Windows Explorer "Choose Details" function? I used choose details and it showed the video's dimensions, but not the frame rate. Any help would be appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Don't know if you can in XP. In Win7 you can find it by listing your files in Detail mode, right-clicking on the column headings and then clicking more. . .

You can install mediainfo so you get these details just by mousing over the file name.

According to this Microsoft KB article, framerate isn't available as a column heading in windows explorer in XP.
    Last edited by guns1inger; 4th Mar 2011 at 05:31.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You certainly can add any column you wish ... but you may want someone else to do it

Creating Column Handlers and Creating Shell Extension Handlers
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Bjs View Post
    You certainly can add any column you wish ... but you may want someone else to do it

Creating Column Handlers and Creating Shell Extension Handlers
    Could you do it for us and post the step by step instructions? Maybe create a "Codecs" column? I've searched and searched with no results and that page and all its links is all Greek to me.

With all the computer geeks in the world, you'd think that someone would know how to do this. I had a "Codecs" column in XP before but I have no idea what program created it.
    Quote Quote