VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    I used DGIndex to create a .d2v file from a .vob file. With the .d2v file I was able to use VirtualDub/AviSynth to clean up the interlace with TomsMoComp. So far everything is great. TomsMoComp did what Handbrake was unable to do. Now my problem is I don't know how to put back together the audio (DGIndex saved it as a .separate .ac3 file) and the video.

I can do it without the TomsMoComp with a script like this:

LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files\AviSynth 2.5\plugins\DGDecode.dll")
    LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files\AviSynth 2.5\plugins\NicAudio_204\NicAudio.dll")
    video = MPEG2Source("E01.d2v")
    audio = NicAc3Source("E01 T80 3_2ch 448Kbps DELAY 0ms.ac3")
    AudioDub(video,audio)

However, I lose my TomsMoComp.

My script for TomsMoComp look like this:

LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files\AviSynth 2.5\plugins\Avisynth_2.5\TomsMoComp.dll")
    clip = MPEG2Source("E01.d2v")
    return clip.TomsMoComp(1,5,1)

How can I use this script and and audio to it? Or do I need to do something else entirely?
    Quote Quote  
  2. add it after , or stick it onto the video with "."

video = MPEG2Source("E01.d2v").TomsMoComp(1,5,1)
    AudioDub(video,audio)

or

video = MPEG2Source("E01.d2v")
    AudioDub(video,audio)
    TomsMoComp(1,5,1)
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Awesome! Thank you poisondeathray!!
    Quote Quote  
  4. handbrake does have deinterlacing filters , did it not work for you?

is this an interlaced dvd or telecined dvd ? you wouldn't deinterlace the latter , you would inverse telecine it (IVTC)
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    Can it be mixed? There are parts that definitely follow the 3 progressive frames/2 interlaced frames sequence with motion, but at the beginning there's a closeup of a person speaking and there is one particular segment where at least 6 frames in a row are interlaced (horizontal lines on the movement).

I tried using decomb with detelecine, default settings and they did nothing on the closeups of the person speaking. And I tried using default deinterlace, again with no results. I didn't really understand Handbrake's documentation well enough to change anything from the default values.
    Quote Quote  
  6. yes it can be mixed

I would recommend using adaptive field matcher (TFM from TIVTC package in hybrid mode) ; so things like cadence breaks are handled better
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search PM
    Ok, I'm assuming you mean with AviSynth. I did a quick Google search for "TFM from TIVTC package in hybrid mode" before replying.

I will definitely try that. Do you think it will work better than TomsMoComp? That worked pretty well.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Hard to say, it's going to depend on the source and settings. If you think it's ok, then don't worry about it

But if it's deinterlacing 3:2 sections without decimation, you're going to get dupes (jerky playback)

If this is a primarily telecined 3:2 film source with different sections that are video, you would normally follow up TFM(some settings) with TDecimate(some settings) to decimate the dupes .
    Last edited by poisondeathray; 1st Mar 2011 at 15:22.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search PM
    It didn't appear to be jerky in the preview in VirtualDub or WMP. But that is something I will look out for with future conversions.

Can I be an even bigger newb, and ask for a recommendation on a good encoder? I just found what seems to be a good guide for using MeGui with .avs scripts to encode to .mp4, was thinking of trying that. Or is there a plugin for VirtualDub?

Thanks again for your help!!
    Quote Quote  
  10. encoder for what? h.264 ? xvid ? mpeg2 ?

there is only 1 free h.264 encoder, that's x264 encoder. Both megui and handbrake are GUI's for it

megui should work fine, as should vdub . You can access x264 in vdub directly through the vfw version of x264 , or use vdub's external encoder feature
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search PM
    Yeah, H.264.

I will investigate both vdub and MeGui.

Thanks again. You have been a tremendous help!!
    Quote Quote