VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    I have many 720p HD movies on my computer and would like to burn them to DVD's. I do not have a blu ray burner but I was reading that you can burn them on a dual layer dvd. I can not seem to figure out how exactly I can do that? I also know that they will play in HD only on a blu ray player which I do have. Can someone help me on what type of file I need to convert the avi. file to, what software I can do this with and burn it with, and of course if it is even possible?

Thank You!! =)
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Make an avchd with avchdcoder, multiavchd, d2mp, etc. Burn on dvdr or dual layer dvdr.

And this is not any dvd authoring. Moving you our video conversion section.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    2 things - if you just want to save them as data just burn them as they are. Use imgburn to burn the original file. These will only play on your computer or very select settop players that can read avi hd on dl discs - don't know how many if any can do that.

The other item is you can create an avchd disc. That will read on just about any bluray player (check your player to be sure). Use multiavchd or avchcoder to do this. Then you can burn the output to a dl disc with imgburn. You can make a menu too if you want. The avchd will preserve the high def on dvdr media and will read like a regular movie disc. Though at least on my ps3 the disc simpy reads as avchd but will play like normal.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote