VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have gone to a concert a few weeks ago, and I recorded a few bands, but the bass in the video is too loud is there a way I can decreases the bass ?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Sure, you can run it through a high pass filter. Or an equalizer filter. Audacity is free and has those functions. But if your audio is distorted by the over-loud bass it will still be distorted.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Here are two samples ....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALSR3cruCW8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMHho2MBrjQ

Do you think you could see if anything can be done ?
    Quote Quote  
  4. I looked at the first sample and it's distorted. Sorry! EQ just reduces the bottom end but the distortion is still there.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    What about the other sample
    Quote Quote  
  6. The audio in the second video isn't as badly over modulated. A high pass filter will help it out. I don't know if it's Youtube's fault or if it's the original audio, but it has been way over compressed and is full of swishy artifacts. If the original doesn't sound any better I wouldn't bother.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    First is the capture device is to close(you can see a bump when the bass thuds).Second your distance is different with the same capture device from first. It sounds like in a can......different set-up for the audio on stage causing different audio cap. Different venues with same capture device differnt results audio wise...video still poor in both. Of course thats MHO. Chalk it up to a learning experience, but I'd toss this stuff
    Quote Quote