VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a question that I am kind of curious about. Basically I use Nero Vision or Windows DVD maker....I know your probably gonna tell me thats my first mistake however be that as it may...Is there anything out there that author's the dvd's faster so I can burn them quicker?

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    dvdauthor ,

or

Muxman ,

or

DVD-lab PRO .

Take your pick
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the suggestions
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If you are looking for free programs, AVStoDVD both converts non-DVD compliant video and authors a DVD with a basic menu. DVDAuthorGUI does more complex menus and is fairly easy to use, but required DVD compliant video and audio. GUIforDVDAuthor does advanced menus, and allows the choice of either dvdauthor or muxman for authoring, but requires DVD compliant video and audio and is more challenging to learn.

A good paid program for beginners looking to upgrade is TMPGEnc Authoring Works.

I'm not sure any of these will be faster. It depends on whether conversion is needed or not, but I think you can try all of them for free.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    thanks im sure based on my low end pc specs its gonna be slow regardless ya know.

thanks again
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Don't forget if you are authoring motion menus that will add considerable time to your encoding process. I think if you just add pictures and music to a background it shouldn't add too much extra time. But motion menus will eat up process time.

But yes I'd also suggest avstodvd for a good freeware authoring package with menu support (4x3 or 16x9). Multiavchd can also make dvds but it has a bit of a harder learning curve for novice users. It does what you want it to do but the menus are a bit more intensive.

Also you should be using imgburn for burning the final authored video_ts folder for optimal results (on taiyo yuden or verbatim blanks for best results too).

Edit - you might look into seeing if you can upgrade to a dual core processor. They are very affordable and usually well under a 100.00 usd these days. Though you have to be sure of your motherboard specification and what upgrade path if any you can take. You would do well to get even the lowest dual core processor to speed up processing.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote