VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hi guys.......i installed servis pack 1 for windows 7 yesterday.....i've just tried to use software to encode a movie, and its now not working. It starts to open, then page just closes again......Anyone else had this problem??? Any solutions, or ideas??

Thanks

H4MST3R
    Quote Quote  
  2. Have you tried reinstalling?
    Dwight

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."
    - Herm Albright

www.martialconcepts.com
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    i haven't...but ive just read on the microsoft forum that the new service pack does have known issues that can cause some software from not working....im just uninstalling the service pack to see if that does the trick.......n
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    it is likely that SP1 is considered a major change to the software and as such SVCD2DVD/VOB2MPG will need reinstalling/registering.
    SVCD2DVD v2.5, AVI/MPEG/HDTV/AviSynth/h264->DVD, PAL->NTSC conversion.
    VOB2MPG PRO, Extract mpegs from your DVDs - with you in control!
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    Ok guys....just to let you know...after uninstalling the service pack 1 and restarting...svcd2dvd now works fine again!!!

nice one microsoft (again!)
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You shouldn't have needed to uninstall SP1. You needed to just reinstall SVCD2DVD. I am running both SVCD2DVD and VOB2MPG on my Windows 7 SP1 with no issues ... I did need to reinstall both programs after upgrading to SP1.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Have tried everything with my SVCD2DVD reinstalled on its own drive as admin was working fine on windows 7 before a crash I reinstalled 7 and SVCD2DVD but cant get it to work at all
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I run SVCD2DVD on two desktop PCs, both running Windows 7 and have been using it for several years. There is definitely a problem once Service Pack 1 has been installed, however it is easy to remedy. Don't be put off by the length of the instructions - I just wanted to break it down to be as simple to follow as possible. To fix any problems with SVCD2DVD take the following steps:
    1. Uninstall SVCD2DVD
    2. Reboot computer.
    3. Install latest version of SVCD2DVD - DO NOT install to the default location of "Program Files". Instead create a new folder named "SVCD2DVD v2.5" (or another unique name that you have not installed the program to before, without the quote marks) on the local drive. For example: C://SVCD2DVD v2.5/
    4. Don't start the program up just yet.
    5. Go to the Start Menu and locate the shortcut for SVCD2DVD.
    6. Right click on the shortcut and choose PROPERTIES.
    7. Click on the COMPATIBILITY tab.
    8. Place a tick in the "Run this program as an administrator" box.
    9. Check that it is also set to run in the compatibility mode of Windows XP (Service Pack 2).
    10. Click on OK.
    11. Go back to the shortcut in the Start Menu.
    12. Right Click on the shortcut and select "Pin To Start Menu" (This step is optional, but it means the shortcut for SVCD2DVD will always be in the start menu, and will always run as administrator.)
    Ritekgirl
    Quote Quote