VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I bought a new 32" SONY LCD HD screen, so i want to connect it to my Dell studio 1535(ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3400 Series),
    After connecting it through HDMI port i am getting very noisy video output,

I have tried it with my friend's laptop and there was no problem with video output.
    I've also tried with latest AMD driver but problem remains. And every possible settings are checked.

Please give me some suggestion how to rectify this problem. Any clue why this is happening??

Quote Quote  
  2. Does your HDMI cable have sufficient bandwidth for the resolution and refresh rate you're putting out?

Start with 720p60. If that works, step up to 1080i30. If that works try 1080p60 (if your TV supports it).
    Quote Quote  
  3. When i tried with my friend's laptop, cable just worked fine at 1080p60, but with my laptop, it does'nt matter what profile i select its just give same noisy output.
    P.S. i tried with all the profiles that are available. but nothing worked.
    Last edited by harshsaini; 21st Feb 2011 at 10:01. Reason: Some profiles were left untested..
    Quote Quote  
  4. It sounds like the cable is OK. Try connecting your laptop to another TV. If you still get problems there the problem is in the laptop.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Try the MPCHC player. It self configures for DirectShow DXVA display card support.

Your VLC is probably not configured.
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Seems like the problem is not the player, as the Windows desktop is noisy too.
    I have a friend with a Studio 14 notebook and he had problems with the HDMI too. So he's using RGB output. He never solved it.
    Maybe Dell screwed something up.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by Caple View Post
    Seems like the problem is not the player, as the Windows desktop is noisy too.
    I have a friend with a Studio 14 notebook and he had problems with the HDMI too. So he's using RGB output. He never solved it.
    Maybe Dell screwed something up.
    Ya, i totally agree with you. I have installed ubuntu too, to see if there is any problem with windows, but nothing changed. Its a laptop problem.
    Can DELL do something. Should i call them??
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by harshsaini View Post
    I have installed ubuntu too, to see if there is any problem with windows, but nothing changed.
    That's a good idea. Try a live (bootable CD/DVD) linux distribution and see if there's any difference.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Maybe the guys at Dell online support may help you. If it's something common thay will know what to do.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Thanks for the advice guys, but there is no solution to my problem, i have tried LIVE distro of linux, but problem remains as it was.
    This is hardware problem, my laptop is out of warranty, so i don't think DELL will support me.
    Quote Quote