VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. First of all thank you in advance for your time, I feel I have learned a lot from you and your answers.

I started recording short video blog entries. I have bought a Samsung HMX-H200 camcorder.
    The quality of the video when seen on an LCD television is great. I record the audio separately, with
    a Zoom H4.

The Samsung H200 outputs mp4, at 1920 x 1080, 1280 x 720 or 720 x 480.
    For the first shoots I used 1280x720. (Should I shoot directly 720x480?).

Two and a half minute fills 190 mb.

I have produced one videoclip for youtube and I am not very satisfied by the video quality.
    Probably this is a workflow issue. Help me.

These are the steps I took:

- resized the video in Avidemux, from 1280x720 to 720x404. This are strange figures, I think. Suggestions?
    Frame rate was changed as well from 50 to 25. Was it a good idea? Isn't 50 fps overkill for Youtube?

- I saved the output file as a mp4 (compressed with constant quantizer quality 1) and edited this in Sony Vegas (trial)

- I added credits and sound, muted the original audio and inserted the wav from the Zoom H4

- I rendered. Here started my problems as well. Wmv at best quality (HD), gave a weird 18 mb file. Mpeg2, gave about 200 mb, not very nice quality. Avi format would produce a huge file, like 5 Gb, for 2.30 minutes of footage.

So, any tips? Is Avidemux or Super inferior for conversion? Now I shelled out for the camcorder, I am willing to invest in software as well, 50-100 bucks range.

Thanks a lot in advance
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    720x480 is overkill for YouTube...so start there.
    Don't mess with framerate.
    Output to MP4/H264 AFTER all of your editing is done.
    I do all of my YouTube edits and uploads with free software....don't spend money until you know what you are doing.
    You can save your creations FOR YOURSELF as high-quality....but uploading that you YouTube is a waste of time.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i once uploaded lots of clips and when finished YT changed it's resolution .. YT recommends keeping them untouched
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by hech54 View Post
    720x480 is overkill for YouTube...so start there.
    Don't mess with framerate.
    Output to MP4/H264 AFTER all of your editing is done.
    I do all of my YouTube edits and uploads with free software....don't spend money until you know what you are doing.
    You can save your creations FOR YOURSELF as high-quality....but uploading that you YouTube is a waste of time.
    Thanks.

Problem with the frame rate was that I was having audio and sync problems. Maybe the laptop isn't beefy enough.
    I figured out that going 25 would make things easier. It did fix the audio issues (voice smurfing and the alike).

What free software do you use for your editing needs? I need to add external audio files, music, credits, so
    Windows Movie Maker isn't gonna cut it.
    Quote Quote