I could use some help from someone with more experience.

I have a hardware encoder that generates an H.264 RTP video stream from a camera. I am writing an application to convert the RTP video packets to an MPEG-2 Transport Stream. The app reads the packets in, converts the NAL units to byte stream format, attaches packetized elementary stream and transport stream headers and ships them out a multicast socket. I also generate an association table and map table that consists of a single program carrying a single H.264 video stream.

When I run VLC player 1.1.7, the player quickly displays what looks like a single video frame. VLC does not crash, but only displays the single frame.

When I use TSReaderLite, it shows my PAT counting up and PMT counting up to 2. There are no CRC errors. For Mux bitrate it shows N/A, which is different from when I use a live stream.

My question is, what am I doing / not doing to cause VLC to only display what looks like one frame? Do you have any suggestions as to what I should check? I have gone through the 13818 and 14496-10 specs to the best of my knowledge, but I believe I am overlooking something key.

Thanks for any suggestions you might have.