VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have suddenly lost the ability to use an Avisynth script to open an .flv file with virtualdub. It says "no combination of filters could be found to render the stream.". This never started happening until just now, and I have made no major changes to my computer since it was working.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    DaneClark, in the future please use a more descriptive subject title in your posts to allow others to search for similar topics. I will change yours this time. From our rules:
    Try to choose a subject that describes your topic.
    Please do not use topic subjects like Help me!!! or Problems.
    Thanks,
    Moderator redwudz
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    What source filter are you using to open the .flv file in your Avisynth script?
    DirectShowSource will require appropriate DirectShow file splitters and codecs to be present on your system.
    ffmpegSource uses its own file splitter and codecs.
    Try switching from one to the other.

Do you have a problem with all .flv files, or only certain ones?
    If the latter, post a MediaInfo report on the problem file.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by DaneClark View Post
    I have suddenly lost the ability to use an Avisynth script to open an .flv file with virtualdub

First quote your entire AVS script so we can know what you're trying to do.

But I guess you're using DirectShowSource
    That means it uses Windows codecs to try to open the file.

You might try ffmpegsource2
    http://ffmpegsource.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/doc/ffms2-avisynth.html

Once you've installed that, and FFMS2.avsi, you can open just about anything using
    FFmpegSource2("file.whatever",atrack=-1)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    this is great, i had trouble opening mpegs (from YT d/l's of pizza dough receps) and they wouldn't open, didn't realize i needed the haali splitter, so i d/l and installed, and all files open now, thanks..only problem i have is some of these flv files audio plays in slow pitch, (monster sound) .. i'm sure i'll figure and resolve it. [resolved: no param for ffmpegsource for pitch, so i remux with ffmpeg SVN-r24489, no more monster sound]

now all we need is a tool that, accepts a drag/drop of A/V file, open in your favorite template script, set up filetype (ie flv, mpeg, avi) then shoots into your favorite timeline--all this should be transparent and quick. course, as always, i tweak the scripts in-between folder/file hunting hops. doing this for years and am tired now.

-vhelp 5480
    Last edited by vhelp; 20th Feb 2011 at 13:49.
    Quote Quote