VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have a DVD that I placed as the default audio a Japanese language track the default English subtitle comes on as well when you start the DVD. Now I have added as a secondary audio the English dubbed track to the movie.

So my question is it possible when a user selects (as the movie is playing) the English audio track to turn off the subtitle track automatically? Or would I have to manually turn them off myself when selecting that track?

It seems like it would be possible in PGCedit but I'm not sure how?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You'll need to edit the nav commands for the title by adding two sets which determine the correct playback

A: Japanese audio / english subtitle (default) (goto + setstn)
    B: English audio / no subtitle (secondary) (goto + setstn)

This also needs to be reflected in the leading menu

Problem is we dont know the structure of dvd's layout.

====

For more help the following should be done.

1: Pgcedit > Info > dvd commands + menu bottons/bov commands ... save both and post.
    Quote Quote  
  4. OK, so I thought it might be a bit simpler like when I added the "setstn" to turn the subtitles on by default.

The main title is VTST 1 (1:23:43), it shows the audio stream 0, and subtitle 0 on by default. There are 4 audio tracks total;
    Stream 1=Japanese 5.1
    Stream 2=Japanese 2.0
    Stream 3= Commentary
    Stream 4= English (this is the one when selected I want to automatically set the subtitles to "off")

Hopefully I have uploaded the files (in .txt format) correctly;
    Image Attached Files
    Last edited by kpic; 19th Feb 2011 at 13:36.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You will not be able to do what you want.
    Selection of audio and subtitles is done by Pre Commands in a Title.
    You can than change them on the fly (while DVD is playing) using remount, because DVD is not going to go to any of those commands any more.
    If you want to make it selectable, you will have to add a menu button which will select your English audio, than add a few Title pre commands which will deselect subtitles if English language is chosen.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Thanks tinker, when you explain it like that it makes sense - not sure why I thought it could be possible to set a flag for what I want to do while "on the fly".
    Quote Quote