VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Alright, for a project I'm doing, I capture a bunch of short clips from various analog sources using the Hauppauge HD PVR 1212, which hardware encodes to H.264/AC3 in .m2ts files.

That's all fine and good, but before I work with my captures in my editing program, I "pre-edit" them for editing by cleaning up the clips. (Some overscan areas are captured, which I remove using cropping. I also resize the videos to 854 x 480, after removing the black overscan areas.)

Now then, I typically do this in VirtualDub, since it can batch process a folder of .avi files using the same settings. However, VirtualDub can only open .avi files... (Unlike Avidemux, which can open other file extensions and also batch process, but only one file can be added at a time to the job list. Lame.)

So what I have been doing, up until recently is using Mediacoder to stream copy the H.264/AC3 from the .m2ts files into the .avi container followed by opening up them with VirtualDub, etc. (Simply renaming the .m2ts files to .avi doesn't work, the container has to be changed.) I know Mediacoder is capable of doing the same things that VirtualDub is, but Mediacoder doesn't allow me to set the compression codec's settings the way I want, while VirtualDub does. (Every program seems to be missing just one fundamental thing I need...)

At any rate, I upgraded to the new Mediacoder, and every time I try to stream copy, like I've been doing fine in the past for the last couple of years, I get an error. (I would downgrade, but I no longer have any previous version's installer.) The error I get is "Error (11)". Google searching around suggests that there is a problem with FFmpeg. I've tried changing this to a different "multiplexer" or "source," depending on what tab of the program I am looking at, but I still either get the same error or a different error, "Error (13)." Both Error (11) and (13) errors have something to do with having "audio" or "video source" errors.

http://wiki.mediacoderhq.com/index.php/Error_Codes#011

I have a 64-bit processor and was using the x64 edition, so I figured switching to the x86 edition would help. Nope...

So... if somebody could help me troubleshoot this problem, OR offer a better program or way of "pre-editing" my clips before importing them into my editing program, I would would be very grateful. Thank you.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You can downgrade from https://www.videohelp.com/tools/MediaCoder/old-versions#download

Or try xmedia recode or avidemux to make an avi, choose copy under audio and video stream.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the advice, Baldrick.

I tried xmedia recode and it worked perfectly fine. My captured videos are now processing in VirtualDub.
    Quote Quote