VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have 2 AVI files (2 halves of a film) and the second one is a different size to the first so VDub64 will not allow me to join them. I used Vdub64's resize filter in the video menu to resize the second AVI clip and it now has gone from 700 MB to 80.4 GB. Surely that's not the right way to do it! Is there a way of resizing the AVI file, keep it at the same file size so I can join the two together using the direct stream copy in the video menu to keep the overall file size down?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If you don't set a codec for compression, vdub defaults to uncompressed video, which is big. You can't resize and direct stream copy. Once you change the image, you have to re-encode. If you use smart rendering you may only have to re-encode the half you resized.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. OK, so resize the second clip so the two match and use compression. I'm using the lagarith lossless codec to do so. Is that a good one? I think I'll have to run the first one though a lagalith comression run too so the two clips are compressed using the same codec. Then rejoin. It'll be interesting to see what the final file size is
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by wayc00lio View Post
    OK, so resize the second clip so the two match and use compression. I'm using the lagarith lossless codec to do so. Is that a good one? I think I'll have to run the first one though a lagalith comression run too so the two clips are compressed using the same codec. Then rejoin. It'll be interesting to see what the final file size is
    The final size will be enormous again.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Yes it is. 19 GB. So how do I get it down to say 700 MB like the original file?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Check the first segment with Mediainfo to see what codec was used. Encode 2nd piece with similar.
    Quote Quote