VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. how to edit some words like '****' to 'f**k' in the dvd(vob) subtittle and save it... something like extract the subtitle from the vob file,,edit it and then save it back in that vob file

plzz say in the simple method/way
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Title has to be demuxed and rebuilt to make changes to the subtitle.

1: Pgcdemux to demux the vob title into elementary streams (new folder)
    2: Use your choice of subtitle editor ... make changes and save
    3: Muxman / rejig / ifoedit ... for muxing elementary streams back into "title" vob (new folder / title)
    4: Use pgcedit ... load original dvd ... select the correct title in left pane by right clicking it and choose replace

Locate updated vob title (new folder / title) and follow instructions

Pgcedit will notify you if it needs to make changes / update structure ... answer yes.

5: Save dvd (pgcedit) and close pgcedit.

6: Play back video_ts folder via vlc ... test menu and playback functions for correctness.
    7: If correct

A: Delete the pgcedit folder in your video_ts folder (temp folder for pgcedit)
    B: Use imgburn to burn the audio_ts and video_ts folders to new dvd and enjoy
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by prithvi View Post
    how to edit some words like '****' to 'f**k' in the dvd(vob) subtittle and save it... something like extract the subtitle from the vob file,,edit it and then save it back in that vob file

plzz say in the simple method/way

You can do this using DVDSubedit.
    It can edit subtitles in VOBs without you having to extract them (it probably does that in the background).

However, it does this graphically, as rendered subtitles are bitmaps.
    Deleting is simple, but changing text has to be done using a bitmap editor (Photoshop, MSPaint, etc).
    These options can be seen under its File menu.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Better posted in the Subtitle Forum. Moving you.

Moderator redwudz
    Quote Quote  
  5. ok redwudz.. and thanks Bjs & Alan for replying...

well i have tried those above method.. seriously i am hanged up in everywhere,,, So leave it for now :/

I am useing diff way to do it.. i mean can any one say me how to convert .idx file in srt file !
    i even try to do this ,but its not happeing with that subrip.

Below attachment is the .idx file ,that i want to convert in .srt ....

P.S
    Online i have searched srt subtittle for my dvd movie but their timeing of lines and what my .idx file is diff,, its not working----
    NOTE i had converted my DVD into MKV format with the help of MakeMkv tool
    Image Attached Files
    Last edited by prithvi; 16th Feb 2011 at 13:40.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by prithvi View Post
    ok redwudz.. and thanks others for replying...

well i have tried those above method.. seriously i am hanged up in everywhere,,, So leave it for now :/

I am useing diff way to do it.. i mean can any one say me how to convert .idx file in srt file !
    i even try to do this https://forum.videohelp.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=5660&stc=1&d=1297881065 ,but its not happeing with that subrip.

this is the .idx file ,that i want to convert in .srt
    You can't.
    "idx" is just an index, basically the times.
    The "sub" file is the images of the text.
    That will usually be several MB in size.

DVDSubedit can extract SRT from VOBs if that's what you want,
    Or go to www.Opensubtitles.org or other sites and look for a compatible subtitle and edit that.

You can adjust the timing with Subtitle Workshop.

But really, DVDsubedit can do exactly what you asked originally, so I suggest you just read its manual.
    Quote Quote  
  7. P.S
    Online i have searched srt subtittle for my dvd movie but their timeing of lines and what my .idx file is diff,, its not working----
    NOTE i had converted my DVD into MKV format with the help of MakeMkv tool
    Quote Quote  
  8. wooooo i have done it .. thanks for that Dvdsubedit tool

saved it in .srt and then used notepad to edit it ... damm it was so simple ,
    the only hard thing here was to edit those f**k words.. how many times it was used in the movies huuuuu and some mistakes in alphabets too like this "let's Find a way oFf this F*king planet." that double FF "OFf" ..... plus for jumping it was written iumping lol edited that too...
    the orginal DVD have soo much mistakes in their subtitles cant believe it
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by AlanHK View Post
    You can adjust the timing with Subtitle Workshop.

But really, DVDsubedit can do exactly what you asked originally, so I suggest you just read its manual.
    how to do that ! any tuts regarding to it
    Quote Quote