VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    With Freemake Video Converter can you easily convert everything to anything with burned in subtitles. It supports sources like MKV, MP4, DVD with embedded subtitles. Convert to AVI, MKV, MP4(profiles for Iphone, Ipad, Android etc), DVD, Blu-ray.

Tools
    Freemake Video Converter

Guide
    Load your source video. If your video already has subtitles just click on subtitles to choose the subs. Or else click subtitle and load from an external source(srt/ssa/ass).
    Click image for larger version

Name:	freemake.png
Views:	2453
Size:	140.8 KB
ID:	5622
    Click to AVI/MKV/Apple/Andoir/DVD/Blu-ray to select profile and encoding settings.
    I'm converting to my Nexus One Android mobile.

Name:	freemake2.png
Views:	36722
Size:	31.6 KB
ID:	5624
    Start encoding and wait....

Name:	freemake3.png
Views:	11363
Size:	31.8 KB
ID:	5625
    Test with MPCHC

Name:	freemake4.png
Views:	11656
Size:	397.3 KB
ID:	5623
    Done.

Search keywords: Burned in, permanent, hard coded, hardcoded subtitles.
    Last edited by Baldrick; 14th Feb 2011 at 10:49.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Great guide and a excelent program.
    Is there a way to change the subtitle size when converting to DVD?
    Quote Quote  
  3. very best this is Great program
    Quote Quote  
  4. Can anyone find how to change where this program's temp folder is? It defaults to c:\Freemake_do_not_remove_this_folder and I'm working with Blu-Ray, so it fills it up and fails.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Is there a way to use more then one Audio and Subtitles? In the Pulldown-Menu of every File i want to convert, i have more Audiostreams ans Subtitles but i can just choose one?

Name:	Unbenannt.jpg
Views:	37894
Size:	42.0 KB
ID:	6447
    Last edited by jonlar; 10th Apr 2011 at 08:31.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Should this support IDX/SUB?
    Quote Quote  
  7. I installed Freemake Video Converter with much expectations.

The installation was error-free. However, running the program gave error "The program has.. report to Microsoft".

I have Windows XP-SP3.

Any suggestion, please?
    Quote Quote  
  8. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Have you installed .net framework 4? http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=17851 . It is required.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Yes, it is installed and I have updated after your reply as above. Same problem occurs!
    Quote Quote  
  10. Hi ConverterCrazy,

For what is worth try Downloading The Standalone .NET Framework 4 from the link below ... read carefully, I think I saw something about the XP machine might need something else ... but the link for what you might need is in there.

This Link is the Page One ... after you download look at Page Two also ... has some more info ...
    http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=17718

Post back your results for the next person!

G!
    Quote Quote  
  11. Hi gonkw,

Thanks for the replying.

I followed your suggestion and was able to "repair install" The Standalone .NET Framework 4 unlike earlier when the The .NET Framework 4 installer exited without performing repair/install.

However, the Windows XP again gave same Error message and sent report to Microsoft and FreeMAKE Video Converter too sent Error Log to the authors of the program.

Sorry, I could not follow what page 2 says. It is so full of "computerese"

Wish there were simpler way in the form of do-this-and-dont-that.

Thank you once again for your time and suggestion.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search PM
    I agree Freemake is a good and convenient software but it cannot retain DTS audio encoding.
    Quote Quote  
  13. I know, it is an old thread.

I came to thank Baldrick and gonwk for their suggestions and help.

I don't know how and why, but FREEMAKE is working on my system, now.

It is so fast and so easy to use! I'll rate Freemake at 7/10 as a converter and 9/10 for speed!
    Quote Quote  
  14. Freemake Video Converter is a great program! Easy, fast, and gets the job done (mkv to avi) without audio-sync problem.
    I've got only one suggestion and that is, make the font-size editable in next versions, because now
    my subs are way to small !
    Quote Quote  
  15. Sorry folks, I have to chime in ... I am Totally against Hard-Subbing ... it RUINS the movie ... if someone wants to use that AVI or whatever other format with some other language Subtitle ... now they have to put up with already hard-coded subs ... which will be in the way of viewing.

For AVI ... just convert MKV to AVI without Subs .... then Extract the Subtitle from MKV in SRT format ... Name both AVI and the SRT Subs the same IDENTICAL name ... problem solved ... your AVI sizes itself to match your TV Media.

G!
    Quote Quote  
  16. No prob... I just wanna say that a edit-option could be an nice option! The choice for hard-subbing still can be made by the person using the software. I did try the seperate srt, but the font that my dvd-player creates, is also not very pleasing.
    I just make the avi for viewing it on my own dvd-player.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search PM
    Hi there,

I have lots of .ts files form which I would like to cut out the adverts.

I was looking at Freemake Video Converter but having looked at the above, am I correct in thinking that unless I want to burn the susbtitles into the video (which I do not), I will lose them?

Ultimately, I want to keep the option to turn the subtitles on and off in the edited .ts file.

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by elsmandino View Post
    Hi there,

I have lots of .ts files form which I would like to cut out the adverts.

I was looking at Freemake Video Converter but having looked at the above, am I correct in thinking that unless I want to burn the susbtitles into the video (which I do not), I will lose them?

Ultimately, I want to keep the option to turn the subtitles on and off in the edited .ts file.

Thanks
    If the video component is mpeg2 then you can use ProjectX to cut out the commercials and demux the subs. If the video is H264 then it won't work.
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
  19. With Freemake Video Converter
    When encoding a video, How can i Adjust the Subtitles Font or SIZE?????????
    It's basic....
    Quote Quote  
  20. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You can't. You must use something else.
    Quote Quote  
  21. With Freemake Video Converter, you can change the subtitle font size, by clicking the Edit button (scissors on the right side of each title), and increase/decrease the number below where it says "Subtitle", then click "OK"
    Quote Quote  
  22. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Ultroman View Post
    With Freemake Video Converter, you can change the subtitle font size, by clicking the Edit button (scissors on the right side of each title), and increase/decrease the number below where it says "Subtitle", then click "OK"
    Yep, but not back in 2013. And I hope you are not going to start spam freemake products...
    Quote Quote