VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hello,

I have a problem with a video file. I'm sure it is h264 format, I save and copy the h264 flow of an axis camera whith mencoder in an avi file without modify the codec whith this command :
    mencoder -endpos 00:00:10 rtsp://adresseIP/axis-media/media.amp -o video.avi -of avi -oac copy -ovc copy

when I try to open my file WMP refuse and say there is a problem with codec or something else...
    I tried a lot of codec like Klite, CCCP, ffdshow... Nothing work...
    my file can be read with vlc but I need Windows media player, I can't use something else...

I give you an address with an avi file, so if someone wants to test the file to assure me it is a problem of codecs, because I'm at work and I can't download everything I want so I'm not sure it is a problem of codec or a problem with my video...

Thank you a lot for helping me
    the link of the video :
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5PEQWHVM

Nicolas
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    If you are running windows 7 you might have to use preferred filter tweaker to disable windows built in h264 decoder so ffdshow will be used.

But h264 in avi can cause some problems like this.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    im with XP... but the video created with mencoder is built from linux.
    I tried to make mpg file with mencoder but it's not working, that is why I put avi.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Try mp4 or mkv.

And give us the details from the file, use mediainfo to identify.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    okzy this is the result with media info :

General

Complete name : C:\Documents and Settings\CTB\Bureau\testMencder\testvideo.avi Format : AVI Format/Info : Audio Video Interleave File size : 11.0 MiB Duration : 30s 33ms Overall bit rate : 3 078 Kbps Writing application : MEncoder SVN-r29237-4.4.1 Writing library : MPlayer
    Video

ID : 0 Format : AVC Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec Format settings, CABAC : No Muxing mode : Container profile=Unknown@10.3 Codec ID : H264 Duration : 30s 33ms Bit rate : 3 071 Kbps Width : pixel0 Original width : 16 pixels Height : pixel0 Original height : 32 pixels Display aspect ratio : 0.500 Frame rate : 30.000 fps Color space : YUV Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0 Bit depth : 8 bits Scan type : Progressive Stream size : 11.0 MiB (100%)

for now I'm trying with mp4 and someone else test the file on is own WMP
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    my friend told me his WMP said it was a problem with audio codec... but this video doesn't have audio...
    so I guess I will have to search again and again !
    Quote Quote  
  7. The software you used did not completely fill the AVI and stream headers -- they're missing the frame size (they're set to 0x0). And it left a bunch of junk at the end of the frame. It's no surprise few programs can deal with the broken file.

After manually patching the frame size with a hex editor I was able to open the AVI in MMG and remux into an MKV file, then use AviDemux to remux into an AVI. File attached.
    Image Attached Files
    Last edited by jagabo; 14th Feb 2011 at 09:07.
    Quote Quote  
  8. I have Haali Media Splitter installed, and the splitter's icon appears on the task bar when I open your clip, so Haali is trying to process it.

I get no error from your sample clip and WMP says it has a length of 10 seconds, but when I try to play it, WMP immediately stops as though the clip has a length of 0 seconds.

AVI isn't an ideal container for H.264, as Baldrick said, you should really try either MP4 or MKV.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search PM
    Hi,
    I also found this problem with the properties in media player classic which indicates 0x0 for the frame size... that is the problem...
    I will try to find the option to set up the frame size.

what do you mean by bunch of junk ?

the file you posted, You can open it with WMP ? because I still can't (but I think I have a lot of problem whith my codecs...)

thank you for your help
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by dumoulex View Post
    what do you mean by bunch of junk ?
    There is only about 4.5 MB of video in the 9 MB file. The other 4.5 MB is a bunch of zeros.

Originally Posted by dumoulex View Post
    the file you posted, You can open it with WMP ?
    Yes.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search PM
    ok I succeed to read the file !
    Now I just have to find how to set up the frame size

thank you for your help, I think I will close this thread soon !
    Quote Quote  
  12. Try just downloading the FLV file then remuxing to AVI with AviDemux.
    Last edited by jagabo; 14th Feb 2011 at 10:29.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search PM
    hii

I found a solution, my problem was with mencoder, not the file itself.
    Impossible to find the way to specify the frame size, so ***** mencoder, I tried vlc and no problem with WMP

thank you guys, without you I don't know i could have found the problem with the frame size !

bye
    Quote Quote