VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi

I am wondering if someone can figure out a way for me to watch a French video of a rugby game (Ireland vs France) from the USA?
    Most of the videos are watchable but some are blocked. When a video is blocked you get a 29 seconds video with a black screen throughout.
    I have read it can be done but I can't make it work. I tried changing the URL to IP, I tried translating the French URL to English, nothing worked.

Here is the URL:

http://tournoi-6-nations.sport.francetv.fr/videos

When you are there scroll down and click on "Les matchs en VOD", once this is done some rugby games thumbnails will appear right below . Select the following "Revivez le match Irlande-France" and your empty black screen will run for 29 seconds.
    If you select other games they might or might not work, but I saw all the others one way or another.
    Again I am in the USA, so it has to work from here.

I appreciate the help

Thanks a lot

Patrick
    Atlanta-GA-USA
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    It might work if you browse through a french proxy server. But it's not easy to find free working ones.

http://www.publicproxyservers.com/
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi

I appreciate the help but still no luck. I found only 1 French proxy on your link and it didn't work. I tried several from various countries to no avail.

Thanks a lot for giving it a shot, the battle goes on.

Patrick
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You could try a UK proxy and watch it through the BBC i-player
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    As DB83 said, the programme's available in UK through BBC iPlayer.
    Available until 4:59PM Sun, 20 Feb 2011
    This is the URL:-
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00ym9xq/Six_Nations_Rugby_2011_Ireland_v_France/
    It can also be downloaded using RTMPDump.
    This is the command:-
    Code:
    rtmpdump -r "rtmp://bbcmedia.fcod.llnwd.net:1935/a1414/e3?as=adobe-hmac-sha256&av=1&te=connect&mp=iplayerstream/secure_auth/800kbps/MP/b00ym9r4_1297616802.mp4&et=1297639037&fmta-token=be875a625e154ace21cb0304d6853a778bb8274f9347207a15e2180d417f963a" -a "a1414/e3?as=adobe-hmac-sha256&av=1&te=connect&mp=iplayerstream/secure_auth/800kbps/MP/b00ym9r4_1297616802.mp4&et=1297639037&fmta-token=be875a625e154ace21cb0304d6853a778bb8274f9347207a15e2180d417f963a" -f "LNX 10,1,102,64" -W "http://www.bbc.co.uk/emp/10player.swf?revision=18269_21576" -p "http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00ym9xq/Six_Nations_Rugby_2011_Ireland_v_France/" -y "mp4:iplayerstream/secure_auth/800kbps/MP/b00ym9r4_1297616802.mp4" -o b00ym9r4_1297616802.flv
    I'm pretty sure that BBC will do a geographic check.
    So the problem is probably the same as with French website.
    Try and find a UK proxy.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi

We are getting a little closer here but no luck yet. First the RTMPDUMP seems too long and complicated to use. I downloaded and unzipped it, it has 4 .exe files in it. One open a window with a command line. I tried to paste BAT999 command but it won't let me paste in there it seems I would have to type it all in there?, not sure. Si I googled RTMPDUMP tutorials and ho boy it became way too complicated to learn that stuff, it's like I need a 4 year degree to make it work.
    So I went the other route with the BBC player link and we got closer there but still not working.At first it said "Program not available in your area" but after that I tried to access the BBC link via 4 different UK proxies and I get a different message now telling me that I have to enable javascript on my browser, they even show me how to do it. So I checked both IE and Firefox and both have javascript enabled already.
    Boy that stuff is not easy that's for sure.
    If anybody has a tip on how to fix that javascript not enabled which is in fact enabled error, I would appreciate it.
    If it all fails I might have to wait 2 or 3 days for the game to show up on sites like megaupload or rapidshare, I know how to use these.

Thanks again guys for the help

Patrick
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    IIRC I have also seen that 'error' at some time.

Make sure your Adobe Flash Player is up to date and, despite what you read, you actually have Javascript installed.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    DB83

I did check adobe flash and it is up to date too. I did google BBC player from the USA and I find lots of problems and solutions so I am working on that now.
    I will get that thing to work.

Thanks so much

Patrick
    Quote Quote