VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello everyone!

I burnt a dvd with MultiAVCHD using the following guide: http://adubvideo.net/how-to/convert-home-videos-avchd-bluray

Everything worked fine, but the DVD won't play on a normal DVD player. It says it cannot recodgnize the disc. My computer can read the disc, and it shows file structure as following: (i used the motion menu as in the guide)

Folder [DVD]
    Folder BDMV (empty folder)
    MultiAVCHD.log

(i attached the log so you can read if that can help with this thread)

When i open the DVD with PowerDVD (version 8) - It opens up a menu showing 1st episode, cannot click on anything, after 25 seconds, it starts episode 1. I click next a few times, episode 1 is done, then i have another menu for episode 2, 25 seconds wait, then it starts.... etc.

What did i do wrong?

I am trying to create a DVD using multiple videos, in this example they are .MKV files. So I followed the guide above, the only thing i checked in MultiAVCHD that is not in the guide is in Settings > x264 > Checked 64bit --- since i'm on XP 64bit.

After MultiAVCHD was done, i burned the content of the folder (basically the folders\files now on the dvd disc) with IMGburn w\ UDF 2.50 on a DVD+R DL disc.

I also attached a picture of what the menu looks like. Normally it should show all the episodes and you can choose from etc, as i did in MultiAVCHD.. However it is not the case as you can see!

Thanks everyone!
    Image Attached Files
    Last edited by rz514; 11th Feb 2011 at 17:31.
    Quote Quote  
  2. You shouldn't be starting duplicate threads.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by fritzi93 View Post
    You shouldn't be starting duplicate threads.
    sorry, i thought it isn't the same problem. The other thread was just about getting the OS to read the disc. And it was solved.

Now this is me not understanding MultiAVCHD + burning...

but if you are ok with me continuing this on the other thread, i am fine with that too!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member 1st class
    Search Comp PM
    You are putting a Blu-Ray file structure on a DVD. No set top DVD player will read it, though a Blu-Ray player will. If you want your disk to be read on a DVD player, you need to select DVD as the output format in MultiAVCHD, which will require transcoding of your MKV's.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Nah, I thought so too, but look at the log. Output is standard DVD-Video.

I think the problem was the VIDEO_TS folder is not at the root of the disc, plus it was burned as UDF 2.50. So what the OP has is a UDF 2.50 data disc. Not gonna play on a DVD standalone player. As to whether the multiAVCHD output is okay, that's another question. One way to find out: burn it again correctly.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Use Imgburn to burn the disc. Select the Video_TS folder that MultiAVCHD created, which is most likely under the folder 'DVD'. If Imgburn wants to change the settings for the burn, let it.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  7. ok, i think i see where this is going. I'm gonna try a few things and hopefully it will work

thanks!!
    Quote Quote  
  8. Hi again,

i followed the proper guide this time, however it is giving me 4 different folders in the [DVD] folder (for each episode), and they each have a AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS folder.

How am i suppose to burn this?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You have done something wrong in settings up the authoring. All four episodes should be authored into a single Video_TS folder, assuming they will all fit.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by guns1inger View Post
    You have done something wrong in settings up the authoring. All four episodes should be authored into a single Video_TS folder, assuming they will all fit.
    hmmm ok.

Here is an attached picture of my settings...

I doubt this setting > "Stricter AVCHD folder format" -- it was checked from the start... should this be unchecked?

update: i tried with that setting unchecked and it creates a dvd folder with the same structure... all eps in different folders.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	untitled1.JPG
Views:	643
Size:	143.4 KB
ID:	5606  

Click image for larger version

Name:	untitled2.JPG
Views:	587
Size:	135.5 KB
ID:	5607  

Click image for larger version

Name:	untitled3.JPG
Views:	1091
Size:	32.3 KB
ID:	5608  

Last edited by rz514; 13th Feb 2011 at 22:30.
    Quote Quote  
  11. here is burn log without the avchd check box i mentionned
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Are you creating a DVD or an AVCHD ? What do you select when you get to the Output screen?
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by guns1inger View Post
    Are you creating a DVD or an AVCHD ? What do you select when you get to the Output screen?
    I want to create a DVD, and i select SD-DVD as output.

----------

the pictures are for this process:

loading MultiAVCHD
    drag\drop files
    Fit all to DVD9

>
    **** Calculated bitrate suggestions to fit media [7950 MiB] (in 1 steps of 3 kbps)
    [ 1] New bitrate: 7717 kbps (original: 3718) - Californication S02E02 The Great Ashby WEB-DL DD5 1 AVC-HotSauce
    [ 2] New bitrate: 8000 kbps (original: 3875) - Californication S02E03 No Way to Treat a Lady WEB-DL DD5 1 AVC-HotSauce
    [ 3] New bitrate: 8000 kbps (original: 3998) - Californication S02E04 The Raw and the Cooked WEB-DL DD5 1 AVC-HotSauce
    [ 4] New bitrate: 7941 kbps (original: 3826) - Californication S02E01 Slip of the Tongue WEB-DL DD5 1 AVC-HotSauce
    ***** Expected output size: 7471 MiB

[21:46:52] [AUTO-FIT]: Title#01 7717 kbps, 1280x720 -> 1280x720 -> 1280x720
    [21:46:52] [AUTO-FIT]: Title#02 8000 kbps, 1280x720 -> 1280x720 -> 1280x720
    [21:46:52] [AUTO-FIT]: Title#03 8000 kbps, 1280x720 -> 1280x720 -> 1280x720
    [21:46:52] [AUTO-FIT]: Title#04 7941 kbps, 1280x720 -> 1280x720 -> 1280x720
    >

Start
    SD-DVD (No titles set for DVD processing! Process all as 4 DVDs? -- i choose YES.

Then this "Please review bitrate and final size estimation. (i thought it had already auto fitted the files..) so i choose keep current format
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I haven't used MultiAVCHD for creating a DVD, but you are obviously setting something up incorrectly if you are getting four seperate discs as output, or multiAVCHD is having issues creating a single multi-title disc.

I would suggest you try AVStoDVD instead.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Originally Posted by guns1inger View Post
    I haven't used MultiAVCHD for creating a DVD, but you are obviously setting something up incorrectly if you are getting four seperate discs as output, or multiAVCHD is having issues creating a single multi-title disc.

I would suggest you try AVStoDVD instead.

ok thanks, i will look into that!
    Quote Quote  
  16. To get multiple files burned to one DVD using MultiAVCHD you need to set each to SD-DVD in the TRANSCODE settings for each file or you will get the "No Files set for DVD processing" message.
    Quote Quote