VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i got a function in my home. i like to shoot video and telecast lively in the web to share it with my friends and relatives. how to do it? suggestions please.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by onlygk View Post
    i got a function in my home. i like to shoot video and telecast lively in the web to share it with my friends and relatives. how to do it? suggestions please.
    Not sure if this is possible in India but in the USA one would.

1. Get a DV Firewire camcorder, connect to the PC/Mac IEEE-1394 in Camera mode

2. Follow directions for the following free services for upload. Quality is determined by your internet uplink rate.

JustinTV
    UStream
    Bitgravity

These services will take your single stream and replicate to many.

If the above services are not available in India, you will need to use a pay video streaming service. With a single machine you can stream to a limited number of clients with these free apps. Quality and number of users (typically 1-3) is limited by your uplink bitrate.

http://www.adobe.com/products/flashmediaserver/flashmediaencoder/
    Windows Media Encoder
    Videolan

If you have a budget, contact a local media streaming service and contract a fast uplink internet connection at the event site. A T1 or fractional T1 connection works well because bandwidth is bi directional. All can be devoted to uplink.
    Last edited by edDV; 11th Feb 2011 at 11:44.
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm broadcasting live events for free on livestream The police in Queensland in Australia are to!
    Last edited by mbur; 11th Feb 2011 at 12:43. Reason: for free
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    in case of ustream can i embed the video to my URL ?
    Quote Quote