VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hey! I'm new to recording and stuff, and I was wondering if there was a way I could record a video of me drumming, the audio from a Mic which is WHAT I'm playing, and the original song that I'm listening to through headphones in my laptop. I really need to know relatively soon, because I'm going to ask my sister to borrow a HIGH quality webcam or something from her college, and I will only have a limited time with it, so PLEASE reply soon...Thank you!!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Any way you could get a hold of a mixer? A DJ style mixer would work. Check out the Behringer VMX 200, it's a 2 channel mixer with a mic input. It doesn't have XLR input. Only 1/4" input for the mic and of course 2 sets of RCA inputs as well as ground for turntable. It also has a 3 band eq (Hi, Mid & Low).
    It Started In Texas
    Quote Quote  
  3. Sorry...I'm in eighth grade and can't afford one, and my dad is waiting for my birthday to get me some stuff for my drums, so I'd have to wait until at least christmas 2011...=( any program like mixcraft, that can just record video too would be great...thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    ditch the headphones then and just play the audio off the laptop through some speakers instead.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  5. aedipuss...they are drums, they are too loud for me to be able to hear from external speakers, I need the headphones, thanks for trying though... Does anyone know of any programs that will serve my purpose?
    Last edited by miimaster2; 11th Feb 2011 at 20:23.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Post withdrawn - gee, I work with tons of audioheads and still can't think of a good answer for this. Will retry. (Too bad the mixer is not an option at the moment.)
    Last edited by PuzZLeR; 11th Feb 2011 at 21:30.
    I hate VHS. I always did.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Last edited by miimaster2; 11th Feb 2011 at 20:20.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Do you know anything about editing audio, such as with software? I was thinking of recording the two audio streams separately, and syncing, and blending them, together. Then you can mux that result with the video afterwards.

(I did mean "mux" not "mix" in this post. Not a misprint here. )
    Last edited by PuzZLeR; 11th Feb 2011 at 21:39.
    I hate VHS. I always did.
    Quote Quote  
  9. I am decent at editing audio, but it is REALLY hard for me to sync my drumming with my audio, because of two reasons...
    first, i have a terrible webcam for recording ATM and it's all laggy I don't have the one from my sister's college yet
    second, I play really fast and i play fast songs, so it would be hard to sync it perfectly unless i go frame by frame and second per second, but thats not a likely option for me...thnx anyways
    Quote Quote