I would like to perform the following tasks for my video recordings:

task 1
to recode TV recordings taken with my SAT receiver technisat HD-S2 so that my Topfield PVR 5000 can cope with the recoded material and play it back on TV, and vice versa: recode Topfield material so that HD-S2 can cope and feed the TV

task 2
to recode mov files created with my Panasonic digital camera so that the fotos can be watched on the TV screen via my HD-S2 and the Topfield PVR 5000

task 3
Under both tasks 1 and 2 I would like to optimize colours.

So far, out of all freeware and low-price progs tested MPEG Streamclip appears to be best suited to fulfil my requirements. It has the submenu items „Convert to TS REC…“ und „Convert to TS with MP2 Audio…” and with those I have been able to successfully perform task 1.

However, as concerns Task 2, all submenu items starting with “Convert” are greyed out. Only the “Export” items can be selected and within these I could even do colour optimization. But being a newbie I do not know which settings to choose to get an output file that gives me video and audio on the TV. Either of the two is always missing. Format specifications like “ts”, “rec” or “mpeg-2”, which I could perhaps deal with, do not appear under these Export functions.

I would be grateful if experts would asnwer my following questions:

Question 1
What is the meaning of “Convert” as opposed to “Export” in MPEG Streamclip? Why this differentiation and why is colour optimization not a feature under the Convert items as it is under the Eport items?

Question 2
Which settings would I have to make under the Export functions in order to get video and audio under Tasks 1 and 2?