VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi,

I am trying to burn a bluray disc using a BDMV folder but without certificate folder.The resulting burn is unrecognised by my standalone Panasonic bluray player saying its an unsupported format.
    The BDMV folder has four subfolders namely BACKUP, CLIPINF, PLAYLIST , STREAM

Please advise.

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    How did you make the blu-ray? Backup? Downloaded?
    What do you burn with? Try Imgburn.
    Does other home burned blu-rays work on your blu-ray player?
    Quote Quote  
  3. This is c/p from doom9's site under decrypting. This poster states:

The CERTIFICATE folder should always exist on a bluray whether empty or not
    If the disc contains BD-J (JAR files) and they are signed, then there needs to be a certificate in that folder that authenticates the signature of the JAR files
    If the JAR files are not signed, there is no need for a certificate, but BD-J then cannot access some privileged functions, among them access to persistent storage or access to the internet
    If the certificates are removed and a signed JAR file wants to access privileged code, the disc simply will not play
    If BD-Live content is downloaded from the internet, it may (usually is) signed too, requiring a certificate in that very folder to ensure, that the downloaded content can't be tampered with

That's all there is to it.

And no, there are no keys in that folder and no, the certificates don't cost a penny, the authorers are free to create their own.
    What costs money, is AACS and that is a different playground.

Hope that clears it up for you.
    MovieWatcher666
    Quote Quote  
  4. Hi,

Thanks fo the comments. I solved the certficate folder issue.I used another Certficate folder and simply burned it along with the BDMV to get the disc to play the movie on my standalone Panasonic player.But there is a different issue I am facing right now. I ripped one of my original blurays to my PC and want to burn a backup Dual layer disc. The folder structure I got is as follows:

BDMV - AUXDATA (its empty), BACKUP( BDJO,CLIPINF,PLAYLIST,index.bdmv, Movieobject.bdmv), BDJO (its empty), CLIPINF (clpi files),JAR (its empty) META (three folder DL, ES, TN - all empty) PLAYLIST (mpls files) STREAM (m2ts files), index.bdmv, Movieobject.bdmv and the CERTIFICATE FIOLDER

When I am trying to play this file on PowerDVD 7.3 the OK button is not accessible although with other Bluray backups there are only four folders namely BACKUP( CLIPINF,PLAYLIST,index.bdmv, Movieobject.bdmv),CLIPINF (clpi files),PLAYLIST (mpls files) STREAM (m2ts files) along with index.bdmv, Movieobject.bdmv and the CERTIFICATE FOLDER and they play fine with PowerDVD.

I am not sure whether I should use the 8 folder or the 4 folder structure to burn the bluray as I have had a few unplayable discs considering the high cost of the blanks. Please let me know a compliant file structure which will be accepted by a standalone player.

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  5. Follow this:

Rip with anydvd
    Re-encode (shrink) with bdrb; use bd9 if you want to burn to dl media
    write with imgburn

Every BD I've come across have all had the 8 folder structure!
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    burning blurays on dual layer blu ray disc is way too expensive, and there is a lot of problems with burned discs, better option is to use bdrb to rebuild the movie to a bd25 (single layer blu ray) and then burn it.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by moviewatcher666 View Post
    This is c/p from doom9's site under decrypting. This poster states:

The CERTIFICATE folder should always exist on a bluray whether empty or not
    If the disc contains BD-J (JAR files) and they are signed, then there needs to be a certificate in that folder that authenticates the signature of the JAR files
    If the JAR files are not signed, there is no need for a certificate, but BD-J then cannot access some privileged functions, among them access to persistent storage or access to the internet
    If the certificates are removed and a signed JAR file wants to access privileged code, the disc simply will not play
    If BD-Live content is downloaded from the internet, it may (usually is) signed too, requiring a certificate in that very folder to ensure, that the downloaded content can't be tampered with

That's all there is to it.

And no, there are no keys in that folder and no, the certificates don't cost a penny, the authorers are free to create their own.
    What costs money, is AACS and that is a different playground.

Hope that clears it up for you.

I have one problem with PANASONIC BD-35 when I modify a .jar file.

For example, the text of "audios" for audio selection of the movie. When I playback the BD, it works well, but when I show the menu all text of the modified .jar file not appears (it's empty).

When I playback in the PC or another Blu-ray reproducer (I tested it in Samsung) works well and I can see the new texts in the menu of the modified .jar file.

I have read by Internet that this is a concrete problem of four models of PANASONIC (included my BD-35), and that the solution is, after modified .jar fiel, re-sign it.

And this is my problem, I don't know how to resign the modified .jar files.

It's exists one tuturial that says about to make a ISO of the blu-ray folder, insert the ISO in DAEMON TOOLS and decrypt it again with AnyDVD HD. (versions previous to 6.8.0.0 because 6.8.0.0 doesn't fix java in unprotected discs anymore) .

I tried it and AnyDVD not make new CERTIFICATE content (it keeps the same) and .jar files are not re-signed.

¿Can you help me?

Thanks a lot.
    Quote Quote