VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I watch satellite tv through my avermedia hd dvr card....I am getting horizontal flickering artifacts that are usually seen during scenes of high contrast or when there is quick movement in a scene. I'm running the latest drivers for the capture card and my graphics card.

Specs:
    Amd Phenom 3 710
    Asrock M3A770DE mobo
    2 gb ddr3 1600 ram
    Radeon 5770

Any ideas?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    On all channels? On HD and SD content, or only one type? I assume you are using a SAT box to tune the signal? ...and if so, how is it connected to the PC?
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
  3. All channels, HD and SD, using a directv sat box h24 which is connected to the card via hdmi cable. No help so far from Avermedia tech support.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I have this same card, and get the same issue when there's fast movement, especially horizontal movement (I watch ESPN all the time and I see it very frequently). I've done a several test captures (just HD channels now that I think about it), and none of those odd horizontal "lines" showed up in any of the actual captures, but there were certainly there in the preview window while recording!

I'm assuming you've already done test captures? ...and those lines are still there for you? unless you already know your captures are clean and you just want to watch tv without those lines...haha sorry if that's the case

I too use a DirecTV HD box, connected via HDMI, capturing in MPEG-2 @ 40Mbps.
    Quote Quote