VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I want to start a mass conversion of several dvd videos disks I have, to single file mp4 files.
    I mean, an mp4 file for a whole dvd.
    I want this to be done with just a few clicks.
    I also need to have a good quality resulting video, and about 700mb or less each one.
    No messy options, no bloating menus, no specific video professionals language.
    Just put the dvd in the drive, press some keys, conversion, end.

I saw this guide
    https://www.videohelp.com/tools/sections/dvd-to-mp4-avc-h264
    but I cannot tell which one is the most suitable for me.
    Which one is the most straightforward, which makes an one step dvd conversion to mp4, with 700mb size and good conversion quality.

I need your suggestions.
    Last edited by karib; 8th Feb 2011 at 00:50.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Lets get a couple of things out there first.

1. I assume by "whole DVD" you mean the main movie. You aren't going to get the whole DVD - extras and all - converted into a single file easily.
    2. You can have small file sizes, or you can have quality, but you can't have both. To get an average movie into 700MBs will mean compromises in resolution and quality. There is no avoiding it. (And please don't bore me with tales of downloads of perfect quality in 700 MB - they don't exist)

That said, I have been using DVDFab Decrypter to do movie only rips of DVDs, then using XmediaRecode to batch convert these to mp4. I use a resolution of 704 X nnn, and two-pass encode to a file size of between 1400 and 2000 MB, while maintaining the original AC3 audio if 5.1, or encoding to 128 kbps AAC if it is stereo. I am happy with the results I have been getting. 700MB simply would not allow for a quality outcome.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I agree with guns1inger for the tools to do the job, but a decrypter is necessary only if your DVD's are copy protected.

Quote Quote