VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi,

I've just installed ffdshow and subtitles are just annoying with 720p videos. Subtitles get smaller.

What can I do?
    Quote Quote  
  2. up
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Tick Autosize
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Don't bump your posts so quickly.

ffdshow has a config that lets you set any aspect of how subs display: font, size, etc.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by AlanHK View Post
    Don't bump your posts so quickly.

ffdshow has a config that lets you set any aspect of how subs display: font, size, etc.
    I can't find that. I can't even open the settings window on ffdshow :P
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Do you have an ffdshow folder in your Start menu? There should be "Video decoder" and "VfW" options choices, there. (Apologies for not including the full/correct names; I don't have ffdshow installed on this computer.)

Or, do you mean that nothing happens when you select those?

(This is assuming, of course, that you do have ffdshow displaying your subtitles, and not other software (like your player, or (Direct)VobSub.)
    If cameras add ten pounds, why would people want to eat them?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by Ai Haibara View Post
    Do you have an ffdshow folder in your Start menu? There should be "Video decoder" and "VfW" options choices, there. (Apologies for not including the full/correct names; I don't have ffdshow installed on this computer.)

Or, do you mean that nothing happens when you select those?

(This is assuming, of course, that you do have ffdshow displaying your subtitles, and not other software (like your player, or (Direct)VobSub.)
    Hi!

I see the ffdshow folder in Start Menu, but what exactly should I do next? Well, when I watch a movie with a subtitle (.srt file), it always open VobSub. What does that mean? I thought DirectVobSub was part of the ffdshow installation set. As you guys can see, I am completely new to ffdshow and video codecs.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by prankstare View Post
    I see the ffdshow folder in Start Menu, but what exactly should I do next? Well, when I watch a movie with a subtitle (.srt file), it always open VobSub. What does that mean? I thought DirectVobSub was part of the ffdshow installation set.
    In that case, you should have a DirectVobSub item on your Start Menu. (Or you might be able to r-click on the icon in the tray when it's running).
    Open that, and click on the button under "Text Settings" and you can change the default text font and scale (size) , colours, etc.

Last edited by AlanHK; 7th Feb 2011 at 20:21.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by AlanHK View Post
    I see the ffdshow folder in Start Menu, but what exactly should I do next? Well, when I watch a movie with a subtitle (.srt file), it always open VobSub. What does that mean? I thought DirectVobSub was part of the ffdshow installation set.
    In that case, you should have a DirectVobSub item on your Start Menu. (Or you might be able to r-click on the icon in the tray when it's running).
    Open that, and click on the button under "Text Settings" and you can change the default text font and scale (size) , colours, etc.

Thank you!

I'll give it a try!

Tjh
    Quote Quote  
  10. Hey, I've tested some options I successfully changed the size and position of the subtitle. Thanks everybody for helping me out with that!

But I'd now like to test other softwares for subtitles. So how should I proceed? I don't want DirectVob Sub anymore, but it seems I can't uninstall it?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hey, I've tested some options I successfully changed the size and position of the subtitle. Thanks everybody for helping me out with that!

But I'd now like to test other softwares for subtitles. So how should I proceed? I don't want DirectVob Sub anymore, but it seems I can't uninstall it?
    Properties/General/Loading
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by AlanHK View Post
    Hey, I've tested some options I successfully changed the size and position of the subtitle. Thanks everybody for helping me out with that!

Properties/General/Loading

Yes, I have disabled DirectVob Sub. Now there is no subtitles :P

Can someboy name some nice subtitle softwares?
    Quote Quote