VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Since YouTube only play videos at 30fps and not 60fps, are there any reasons to shoot my videos at 60fps?
    Quote Quote  
  2. If you're planning on doing any slow motion or have another end target in mind
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Heck yeah, why shoot video to the level of the lowest common denominator?

When 60 frames is reduced to 30, it's like de-interlacing with the blend frame being actual footage, not interpolated.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by budwzr View Post
    Heck yeah, why shoot video to the level of the lowest common denominator?
    I'm new to 60fps. I just though that since YouTube plays at 30fps, there would be no reason for shooting at 60fps because I assumd the 60fps video would just look like 30fps after YouTube turns it into 30fps

Originally Posted by budwzr View Post
    . . . with the blend frame being actual footage, not interpolated.
    Can you explain what this means? I know what de-interlacing is but what do you mean by interpolated?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The blend will be ALL from source material, and each original source frame will be twice as sharp as 30 frames. So the resulting YT file will be better quality.

"Interpolation" is a de-interlace scheme whereby the blend is a best guess estimate.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    So to get better quality, I will shoot 60fps rather than 30fps.

My final video will be 30fps since YouTube's maximum frame rate is 30fps. I need to render the video to make it 30fps.

How do I work with my 60fps video in Sony Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 10?
    I guess when I render, I'd set the custom settings to 30fps. But what about my project settings? Should it be set to 60fps or 30fps?
    Quote Quote