VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Ok I have a purchased tv show I'm trying to convert to another format. Its from amazon unbox and I did buy it. I've tried the old school freeme2 and fairusevm but those don't work anymore (not at least on an updated win vista pc).

I've tried my copy of tunebite 7 to do a conversion with its own playback and it stopped playing three seperate tries. I upgraded to tunebite 8 and it did exactly the same thing. I've tried screen capture but I'm not sure I will like the quality (I had a system issue and had to shut down during the test).

I know about fraps for game recording but does it work on regular videos as well? Would it work while playing back a purchased amazon unbox video?

What filesize would we be talking about? This is a 47minute video. If it uses dv-avi I'm fine with just about a 13gb file. However if this is fully uncompressed what would a file for this length of video be? I have about 270gb left on my capture drive that I use for video. Is that enough for the capture and reprocessing of the video to a smaller codec?

Is screen recording the only option left to me? Also would I be able to do this full screen without getting any hot buttons from fraps in the recorded video?

If this is impractical because it would create a 300gb file please let me know and I'll go back to the more traditional screen recording approaches. Thanks.

Edit - wouldn't you know after posting this tunebite 8 finally started doing the conversion in its own player? So far its almost done with no interuptions. I hope it doesn't mean anything but the tiny preview window shows a widescreen video even though its originally a 4:3 video. Hopefully it encodes properly.

But I would still be interested in knowing if fraps is a viable alternative. I would be interested in purchasing it if it works out well.
    Last edited by yoda313; 6th Feb 2011 at 13:10.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote